Chapter 1 No Exceptions

There I was on my knees alongside my longtime friends and somewhat distant father; he hasn't been the same since my mother died and our relationship has suffered as a result but none of that matters anymore.

As the gravel beneath me tears at my skin, I sit here shivering and petrified of what my fate will be.

Just as my mind begins to go over all the possible scenarios the opening and shutting of the RV door in front of me interrupt my racing thoughts.
A man wielding a bat wrapped in barbed wire steps out.

He is different, something about his aura speaks to me warning me of the threat that he could pose and the underlying evil to his charm. As he approaches us my eyes scan up his body onto his mischievous smile.

"That smile", I think to myself, "this man is the devil incarnate"

I slide closer to my father, my shaking hand gripping his.

"Hi, you're Rick, right? I'm Negan"

We both look up to him as he continues to speak.

"I do not appreciate you killing my men also when I sent my people to kill your people for killing my people you killed more of my people not cool. Not fucking cool. You have no fucking idea of how not cool that shit is but I think you're going to be up to speed here shortly."

He pauses and looks at me, his eyes piercing my soul. "So you're Rick's daughter?"

"Y-yes", I whisper in response

"Interesting..." he says looking over to my father. "What's your name then, Angel?"

"Y/N" I answer hesitantly

"That's very-" before he could finish his sentence Daryl lunges through the air delivering one hard punch to his face.

"No! Don't hurt him"

I cry out as he is wrestled to the ground by Negan's men. A blond-haired man holds a crossbow to Daryl's face as the other has him in a chokehold.

"Do you want me to do it?" the blond man asks Negan.

Before he replies, he looks at me, tears streaming down my face, "no" he says with a smile "line him back up".

"That is a no-no the whole thing, not one bit of that shit flies here. So now I'm going to beat the holy fuck out of one of you, but first I'm going to finish talking to Rick's daughter".

Still crying I look at Daryl the fear is written all over my face.

"Look at me, baby" he speaks as I stay locking eyes with Daryl.

"Hey, I'm talking to you" his hand cups my chin

"Listen when I speak to you" he demands in an obnoxious tone.

"Please leave her alone" Rick begs as Negan inches closer to me.

"Why? She's a big girl, Rick. She wants me to leave her alone, she can ask."
Everyone's eyes dart to me awaiting my reaction.

"Do you want me to leave you alone, angel?" He asks now bending down to me at eye level.
I shake my head fearing what he is capable of.

"See Rick, your little girl is fine"

I lower my eyes in shame as he backs away from me, readdressing the group.

"Anyways, I already told you, people, first one's free then I will shut that shit down, no exceptions!"

He pauses creating a menacing silence.

"Back to it", he swings crushing Glenn's skull with his bat.

Everyone screams in horror as Negan unmercifully murders our comrade right before our eyes.

I look away unable to process the sight of one of my best friend's body being brutalized. The fear of death takes over my body.

This is a fight or flight moment and my body decides that flight is the only option.

Without thinking, I spring on to my feet and make a run for it in the opposite direction.

"Get her" Negan orders, and before I even make it past the RV I am tackled to the ground by the same guy that was going to kill Daryl.

I lay there with his knees digging into my back, crying hysterically with my face in the dirt.

Negan walks up chuckling waving his bat.

"Did you really think that was going to work, sweetheart?"

My father yells in the background "please don't kill her, she was just scared."

Looking back at him, Negan responds "Oh, I'm not going to kill my precious little bargaining chip. Put her in the RV, Dwight".

I don't even try to fight back as he drags me through the dirt, hearing my father beg for him not to take me.