Chapter 26 Daddy Negan

Rick's POV:

"Do you ever think we'll see Y/N again?" Carl asks me holding Judith. These are the type of questions that make me remember all the things I try to forget.

I pretend to not hear him, as I continue to cook breakfast in our family kitchen.

It's awkward to think of the concept of family when my daughter has been taken from me.

"We can't just pretend she never existed"

I turn from the stove still holding the spatula in my hand, "She's where she wants to be"

"You can't really think that dad, what if he's blackmailing her?" Carl bites his lower lip and his eyes turn glossy.

Seeing the sadness in his eyes takes a toll on me. I turn back around, trying to avoid seeing his gaze. "He's not, Carl," I say quietly as I scramble the eggs.

He sets Judith in her high chair, then comes up from behind me. "But how can we be sure of that?"

"Trust me, she's happy at the Sanctuary" my eyes suddenly flood with tears, but I hurry to scrub them from my face.

He places a hand on my shoulder, "I know you two don't have the best relationship, but she's still my sister"

I hear his footsteps leave the room and Judith begins crying. I leave the pan and go to lift her. Her bright green eyes find mines, and she smiles, as only a baby can during a time of so much hurt.

I lean in to kiss her on the forehead, but a knock comes from the front door.

It comes quietly first and then there is silence.
I stand motionless.
The next knock is louder and faster this time. "Let us in Rick. We know you're in there." A voice demands from the other side.

Y/N POV:

Negan wraps his arm around my waist, as we stand waiting for someone to answer the door.

The door swings open and Rick appears holding Judith. Negan's eyes widen at the sight of her. "Is this your little sister, Y/N?" He turns to me with a huge grin on his face.

Before answering I look up to Rick then back to him. "Half-sister"

Rick interrupts the exchange, "Why are you here?" directing the question to Negan.

"Whoa relax, we just came for a quick visit" they stare each other down as I observe them. "I need to talk to you, dad" My eyes showing that the situation is serious, he moves from the entrance, letting us in.

"Good choice prick" Negan pushes his way through.

"How's everybody been?" I ask breaking the ice as we sit in the living room.

"Fine" is all he replies.

I nod my head. There is a moment of silence then Negan speaks, "I want to know more about this little cutie"
Rick scowls and holds Judith tighter. "Her name is Judith," I say realizing my dad isn't going to engage with him.

Negan looks at me then back to her, "So, who cheated, Rick or your mommy?" he says with a chuckle.

"No one cheated, he dated my mom way before Judith's mom"

Rick looks at me, presumably pissed off that I would volunteer this information, but I don't see a reason to hide it. It's obvious that we aren't full sibling.

"Do you have any other siblings, you're not telling me about?" I open my mouth to respond but I'm stopped by the sound of footsteps traveling down the stairs.

It catches Negan's attention as well, and he turns to see who this mystery person is.

A teenage boy runs in, aiming a pistol at Negan's head. "You should go before you find out how dangerous we all are!"

"Well pardon me, young man, excuse the shit out of my goddamn french but did you just threaten me," Negan says as he gets up from the couch.

"Carl, what are-" I say but Negan interrupts me, "Don't be rude y/n, we are having a conversation here"

I look to my dad, and he looks back at me. We're both shocked that Carl would do something as crazy as this especially considering the fact that we've been trying to hide him this whole time.

Rick made him stay at the hilltop when the saviors first started causing us problems, but he must have let him come back after the war was over and Negan promised to leave Alexandria forever.

"Now boy where were we? Oh! Yeah, your giant man-sized balls, listen I like you, so I don't want to go hard proving a point here, I know you don't want that"

Carl's eyes stay focused on him, continuing to point the gun.

"I'm serious do you want me to prove how serious I am?"
The staring match begins but Carl cracks and hands the pistol to Rick.

Negan laughs and turns to Rick, he passes over the gun.

Carl runs over to me and hugs me, "I missed you so much, we thought we were never gonna see them again" are arms intertwine, and I pat his head, "I missed you too" I kiss him on the cheek "I love you".

"Let me guess, he's your brother" Negan walks over to us. I look at him and roll my eyes.

I know I've been avoiding it but I think it's time to break the news to them. I might not get another to chance with all of us together.

I place my hands on Carl's shoulders and look him in the eyes, "Promise you won't to be mad at me, no matter what". He nods.

"There is something I need to say" I announce to the room, turning in the direction of Negan and Rick. I burst into sweats. My heart pounds, and my hand began to feel shaky.

Everyone looks at me confused.

"I'm Pregnant" I break down, falling to my knees. My face soaking wet by my streaming tears.

"What?" all three of them say in unison.

"Holy shit sweetheart, way to drop a bomb" Negan walks over to me, and throws his arms around my body, picking me up and crushing his lips against mine.

I struggle against his grasp, not wanting to rub our relationship in anyone's face.

"Just another reason to call me daddy!"

It's truly amazing how he always finds ways to make jokes even at the most inappropriate times.