Chapter 6 Cooperation

"I want all the guns you manage to scrape up, or she dies."

I try to snatch away, but he tightens his grip causing me to cry out.

Rick intervenes, "Okay, Let her go, you can have whatever you want!"

Everyone watches in shock but trusting Rick's judgment the Alexandrians lower their weapons, and open the gate.

"See, I knew that you would cooperate," Negan snickers and let's go of me, I fall to the ground scraping my knee.

"Easy peasy lemon squeezy.... all right, everybody let's get started" his men push into Alexandria, raiding every home.

It infuriates me to see my family being abused and taken advantage of.

Completely ignoring my injury, I get off the ground and run to my 'used to be' house.

Luckily I get here before anyone else could. I hurry to pack my clothes and sneak food out of the kitchen, I already have the plan in my head, I'm going to leave before anyone notices.

I escape out of the back after grabbing my father's pistol from the closet.

I attempt to get past Negan while he is busy antagonizing my dad, but he spots me heading towards the gate.

"Oh, hey Y/N, come here" He waves to me. Not wanting him to catch on to my plan, I walk over.

"Don't you and your daddy have some catching up to do?" I look at my dad seeing the defeat in his eyes.

I hope Negan doesn't want me to tell him what happened between us. "Come on, baby, you know what I'm talking about" he nudges me, smiling.

I stay silent, staring at the ground.

The defeat in Rick's eyes turns into worry.

He lifts my chin and whispers "Nevermind, I'll let you tell him when you're ready" he lets my face go, My eyes direct back to my dad and I get this feeling I haven't felt in a long time.

I jump into his arms; he embraces me, telling me how sorry he is for everything. Tears wet my cheeks as the warmth of his arms snuggle me.

I suddenly have a change of heart about running away, I look back "Can I stay?.... Please."

He swings his bat, "You know, that can't happen" his voice taking a bone-chilling tone.

Still, in my dad's arms, he tugs on the back of my shirt, "That's enough, come on" but I disregard his demand.

Negan's face becomes red; as if he hates the fact that I still love my father and that he hasn't fully turned me.
He grabs my arm forcing us apart, "I'm serious, do you want me to prove how serious, again?".

"Fine!" I reply brattily.

"Well, then go get your ass back in the truck, we're leaving!" he shouts in a way that I had never heard him speak before.
It shocks me to my core; I know I have to do what he says, or he is going to make my father pay for it.

Motioning for Dwight, he orders him to take me to the truck and keep an eye on me. I go peacefully not wanting to cause a worse situation then I'm already in.
As he walks me back to the gate, I keep looking back at my father.

We reach the door of the vehicle; he pushes me in following behind me.
"You need to start listening to him" he glares at me annoyed.

I stare out the window trying to block him out.

"You're just gonna make it harder on yourself", he grasps my hand to get my attention. I pull away from him, "Don't touch me! Leave, I want to be alone".

"Whatever, but know that I don't take orders from you". Holding back his frustrations he gets out and stands outside.

"Finally by myself!" I shout loudly, so he could hear me.

He rolls his eyes and ignores me.

Just as I begin to relax, I see Negan and the rest of the men coming in the distance. I watch as they load all of my family's and the rest of Alexandria's stuff into their trucks.

They stole so much food, it makes me worried about how everyone I came to love is going to survive.

Tears slowly run down my cheek, but I wipe them, not wanting Negan to have the satisfaction of seeing me cry once again.

He opens the door of the driver's side and sits his bat beside him not so much as glancing at me.
He starts the engine, and we begin our journey back to the Sanctuary.