Chapter 14 Someone Has To Pay

"That's a fan-fuckin-tastic idea!" Negan looks over at him. "I wasn't expecting that!" he chuckles, taking practice swings with Lucile.

In an act of desperation, Rick drops to his knees, "Please, Negan I'm begging you" a pool of tears drown his baby blue eyes.

"Oh no don't pin this shit on me, I gave your daughter the choice"

Rick shots me a death glare, "tell him, you change your mind!" My eyes stay focus on the floor, knowing there is nothing anyone can do once Negan sets his sights on a target.

He is determined to get Daryl back, and he knows that pain is the only way people learn.

Rick stands up and charges towards me.

"Stop, I'm sorry!" I scream as his hand clasp onto my hair.

He shouts at me, "You better figure out a way to fix this or your good as dead" Negan walks out, leaving me alone to deal with my dad.

Negan's POV:

Lucile swings by my side as I approach Simon, "Get everybody lined up, there's been a change of plans" a smile creeps on my face.

"You mean like last time?" his pitch raises in surprise

"Yep, Lucile is thirsty!"

"You heard him, I want every last person lined up, front and center!" Simon directs the rest of the men.

"Yes, sir," the group says in unison.

Y/N's POV:

"I told you I'm sorry" I push him off of me, "If you weren't such a pussy none of this would be happening!" I push him again causing him to stagger backward.

All the emotions that I bottled up, are coming out. "I wish Negan would've shown up a long time ago, he treats me better than you ever could!"

"So you're siding with him now?" disgust in his tone. "After what he did to Glenn and Abraham!"

I shrug my shoulders, in complacency.

He turns away from me, picking up a pistol from the kitchen drawer, "Then get the fuck out of my house!"

I laugh, "and if I don't, you're gonna shot me?" He steps closer, his stance becoming threatening, "Go!" he points to the door."Whatever" I roll my eyes and walk out.

I'm ready to be done with my father and everyone in Alexandria, for that matter, I would be okay if I never see any one of them again.

As I get closer to front gates, I notice Negan's men crowding the entrance.

"What's going on?" I ask Dwight but he says nothing, grabbing my arm leading me down a familiar path.

"The woman of the hour!" Negan looks at me in a celebratory mood. I run over to him, "What the fuck are you doing?" I glance at the Alexandrians lined up side by side.

"I don't think I was clear last time, so now its time for part two" he looks past me, "bring me, Rick!" Dwight nods.

My eyes find Michonne sitting in line, on the farthest end from me. Our gaze meet, my chest becomes heavy awaiting the death of one of my people.

I silently mouth to her "I'm sorry" shaking my head in disbelief. Her expression stays constant as she stares back at me.

"Finally, we got the whole gang together!" Negan shouts, bringing me back to earth.

Rick struggles in the grasps of Dwight and another Savior as they force him to the ground. Lining him up next to Michonne. His hands shake angrily, but he doesn't once look up to me, Negan or Michonne.

Negan sneaks behind me wrapping his arm around my waist. "Watch and learn doll face" his breath blowing on my neck.
I ignore him, arms folded across my stomach.

"Now, listen up you assholes!" He leans back, holding Lucile in the air. The Alexandrians stay quiet as they listen to him rant."I already told you, people, if you cross me I will shut that shit down!" rage bleeds from his eyes. "I'm going to give y'all one more time to come clean" he scans their faces, "Where is Daryl?"

The town remains mute.

Negan deeply inhales, holds it for a few seconds then exhales, "They always choose the hard way" He takes a couple of steps now looming over Michonne.

"That's disappointing, I thought that we had an understanding, but this shows that someone's not on board and I can't have that" he turns to Rick, "I don't enjoy killing women, men, I can waste them all the live long but at the end of the day, Michonne, my dear" he glares back to her. "Someone has to pay" he begins toying with Lucile in his hand.

My body becomes overtaken by an onslaught of sobs and tears while she peers back at him without fear.

Rick miraculously regains his courage, he stands to his feet, "We can work this out", one of Negan's men pushes him back down.

A smirk emerges on Negan's lips, "Oh yes we can and I'm going to right..." he lifts Lucile over his head, "Now!" he smashes down her head causing blood too splatter everywhere.

"Noo!" Rick attempts to stand again but is met with a boot to his face and Dwight holding a crossbow to his forehead, "Don't move, motherfucker!"

The sight of her demolished skull makes me drop to my knees. My cries echo through the forest.

Negan takes a break from beating her, "Simon, take y/n back to the truck" then continues brutalizing the lifeless pile of guts and bones, the other Alexandrians scream and wail in terror.

"Come on, let's go" he drags me away by my arm, I fight against him, but he ultimately overpowers me.
He shoves me into the passenger seat, then gets in on the other side.

He sits observing from the window with me next to him, gut-wrenching sobs tearing through my chest.