Chapter 3 You'll Always Have Me

I am awakened by the sunlight shining in my eyes through the window. Still, on the floor, I lift my head, looking around the room to find Negan sound asleep on the couch.

I slowly bring myself to my feet, back aching from the hard floor and began to stretch. Carefully as not to disturb him, I tiptoe to the window, my curious eyes peak between the blinds.

There is no sign of my family, only a few trucks.

The scenery is peaceful as the sun rises, everyone will be up soon. The idea of escape crosses my mind, but I quickly dismiss the idea. I hate to admit, but staying here is probably my safest option. I have no idea the way to Alexandria and no weapons, I'm easily walker bait.

I stand there and ponder, did I really cuddle with that devilish man. The last thing I remember is crying in Negan's arms; I must have fallen asleep there.

The thought brings me back to the emotions I felt at that moment, it is unexplainable, a rush of fear and reassurance all at the same time. A part of me longs for that feeling again.

No, what am I thinking? I snap out on my delusional trance; I need to get home. I have a family and Negan isn't going to make me forget them.

But I can't help but wonder if the stuff he was saying is true, did Daryl not fight for me? Did my dad really choose to leave me? I don't know what to believe.

"What are you thinking about, angel?" I hear a voice from behind me.

I don't turn around, chills run down my spine as I hear Negan's footsteps creep towards me.

He throws his arms around my waist. "What are you doing", I spin around, recoiling from his touch.

"I just want to hold you some more." He whispers, leaning towards me. I turn back around, eyes closed, facing the window in an attempt to avoid reality.

"We have to talk about that running situation, I didn't want to say anything before because you were already hysterical but you need to know that if that happens again I'll have to teach you a lesson."

I open my eyes, the vivid memory of Glenn's corpse flashes through my brain.

"You monster," I say under my breath.

"What was that? You're gonna have to speak up." I turn to face him but by then he's all the way across the room standing by the door.

"Are you coming or not?" he says with his arm motioning me out.

I cautiously approach him, following closely behind, looking down as we walk.

I see the bat swinging in his hand. He smashes it against the front of the RV, "everybody up, you lazy assholes".

His men all sleeping in their trucks thrust out of their slumber and report front and center on their knees kneeling before him.

"Who are you?" he shouts to the ensemble.
"I am Negan" they reply back.

I stand silently behind him, watching him interact with his obedient servants, it is like being in the Twilight Zone.

Is he so conceited that this is what he makes his followers refer to themselves as?

Everything is drastically different from how my father ran things.

After Negan delivers his swearing filled speech, the men begin to load into their trucks.

"Come on, we're leaving." He grabs my arm and leads me back to the RV, shutting the door behind me.

I pause, waiting for him to make the next move.

"Are you just going to stand there? Go sit down" he gestures to the couch.

I sit on the far end, hands in my lap. My eyes gaze at my feet.

I hear as he opens the fridge and pulls something from it. "You want a drink?" He asks waving the alcohol in front of my face.

I shake my head, "I don't drink that type of stuff."

"Why not?" he acquires now sitting next to me.

"My dad-," I hesitate.

His eyes widen, "So you hate him just as much as I do?"

It's obvious he is enjoying this.

"I don't hate him"

"That's not what it seemed like yesterday", he nudges at my side.

Glaring, I go from helplessness to defensiveness,

"What do you mean?"

"You seem to be more upset that Daryl didn't save you as opposed to the fact that Rick left you." He grins knowing that he was on to something.

I inhale and exhale deeply, "It's just that, my dad, he preaches about putting the group before individuals, even me, I learned not to be reliant on him. But Daryl, he was always the one I could count on.

"Well, that's sad as shit! At least you'll always have me" he says in a disturbingly cheerfully manner as I sit silently.

"Anyways, let's get going." He waves for one of his men to start the ignition.

"To where?" I hope that we are heading to Alexandria.

"You'll see when we get there" he turns away from me, still holding that damn bat in his hand.