Chapter 8 Easy Street

I wake up to the taste of blood and my face aching from the cold concrete floor.
I open my eyes, red and puffy, and stare at the ceiling.

My thoughts are clouded with denial and shame. I can't cry anymore, I have no tears left to shed.

🎶We're on easy street, and it feels so sweet. 'Cause the world is 'bout a treat when you're on easy street🎶

You have to be fucking kidding me, I bang my head against the wall. Please god, kill me, I have no worth in this world.

I'm such an idiot for ever trusting Negan. I keep having flashbacks to last night, it makes my skin crawl and my stomach turn.
"I just want to go home" I whisper to myself quivering.

🎶Oh easy street, yeah, we got a front-row seat, oh, to a life that can't be-🎶

The music suddenly stops, and the door creeps open. My heart skips a beat at the sound. I look up and to my dismay, it's Dwight.

He lays down a plate beside me, "eat" he points at the sandwich. I don't make eye contact, I stare blankly past him.

"Hey, I'm talking to you" he squats down, waving his hand in my face. I didn't even blink, so he takes a closer look at me then stands back up and leaves.

Third Person POV:

"Sir, we have a problem" Dwight calls to Negan knocking on his bedroom door.

"You can come in"

He opens the door to find Negan sitting with Carl after he had just killed two saviors.

"So what's happening?" Negan inquires about the situation.

"It's about the girl" he hesitates.

Negan glances back at Carl, "Seems like your sister is nothing but trouble" he chuckles.

"She's different like she's hurt or something" his voice shutters.

Carl jumps up, "Where is she?"

Negan sighs, "Come on kid, let's go check on her." He shows Carl the way, Dwight following closely behind.

Reader's POV:

Negan unlocks the door, and they all watch as I sit motionlessly. Carl bends down and tries to hug me, but I flinch away.

Negan interrupts, "What's up with you? Dwight said you were acting strange".

I don't respond or look up to acknowledge either of them.

"What did you do to her?" Carl begins to tear up, shouting at Negan.

"Shit, I don't know kid, she hasn't even been in here a full twenty-four hours yet" he scoffs almost as if he sees me as pathetic.

Carl tries to raise my spirits by telling me how much everyone at Alexandria loves and misses me, but it fails to provoke any emotion in me.

He scans my body, "She has bruises on her arms".

Negan's tone once sarcastic now turns vicious. "What the fuck happened, Dwight?" he pushes him to the wall.

"I don't know sir, I didn't know she was still in here till this morning".
At that moment a light bulb goes off in Negan's head, "Go get David!"

"Yes sir" Dwight rushes to retrieve him

Negan steps closer and examines my bruises then he turns to Carl, "We're going to have to cut this visit short. I'll get some of my men to take you back home."

"I'm not leaving her" Carl proudly proclaims.

"I don't have time for this kid" right before Negan is about to scold him. Dwight appears with David.

"So David, you roughed her up?" Negan glares into his soul.

"Um-no sir, if I did hit her it was in self-defense" he assures him.
"Dwight, get a crew together and take the kid back to Alexandria".

"Yes sir," he grabs Carl's arm, "let's go".

Negan shuts the cell door, with all three of us inside.

His eyes travel back and forth between David and me, "No one is leaving til we get to the bottom of this."

David looks at me then lies, "She went crazy when I came to give her food, so I wrestled her to the ground."

Hearing his voice again makes my body tense and tears roll down my face.

Negan looks down at me and asks "Is this true?" his tone sounding rather unconvinced.

I look up and nod my head in agreement. Not knowing any other option.
He opens the door and lets David go.

"And for you, You're coming back with me" I don't struggle as he lifts me into his arms and carries me out of the cell.