Chapter 25 Secret

"You're Pregnant"

Words left me.

I stare into his brown eyes with worry and confusion, my heart falls silent

"Are you okay?" he asks, but I couldn't speak, my lips are sealed. As if stuck underwater, everything is slowed and blurry as he waves his hand in front of my face.

"Here are some prenatal vitamins that you'll need to take" he hands me a pill bottle filled with multi-colored gummies.

My mind stays blank, and my eyes wide as I stare at him in horror. His eyes sympathetically search mine, he sits next to me placing a hand on my thigh, "You're gonna be alright, Negan wouldn't do anything to harm his child"

I swallow spit before I am able to give a response, "This wasn't supposed to happen" I lose myself and sob into his chest unceasingly, the medicine hits the ground, and my hands clutch at his white coat,
"No one is gonna be happy about this, not Negan and definitely not my dad!" the panic begins like a cluster of sparks shooting through my heart then into the rest of my body.

He wraps his arms around my frame pulling me closer, "You don't need to be worried about them, all you should be concerned about is you and your baby"

I look up to his face and with hesitation, I ask him something I thought I would never consider, "What if I don't want to go through with this?" tears still stream down my face as I finish.

He sighs I could see the guilt and regret before he spoke: "We would have to tell Negan and get his permission but-" I interrupt him, "I thought this was about me and my baby" I say, putting emphasis on the 'my' part.

"The baby is yours and his" He retorts picking the vitamins up and placing them in my lap.

"I can't do this, my family knows nothing about our relationship, I can't randomly show up one day with my stomach the size of a beach ball or with a baby in my arms!"

The fact that Dr. Carson is even attempting to persuade me is making me even more frustrated.

Though I was a frightened crying girl only seconds prior, my emotions flip and my eyes become rigid, cold, and hard.

"Do you have any idea what Negan would do if I let you do this behind his back" He barks at me throwing his arms up in defiance and stands.

I stand too, getting in his face, "Last time I checked, I'm in control of my body, not you and not Negan!"

We stare each other down until I break eye contact storming out the room, tears clouding my vision. I can't be bothered to shut the door.
I frantically make my way through the hallways not wanting to interact with anyone.

I jump into bed, disregarding the little person inside of me, As soon my body hits the thick comforter another wave of emotions begins to take over.

Pregnancy wasn't something I ever wanted to experience during the apocalypse. I abandoned the dream of motherhood when the world first went to shit.

Things are different now, I can't bear to go through this alone without my family. Though I'm in love with Negan, his support isn't enough in this situation.

Come to think of it I haven't been to Alexandria in a while. Since everything had been going well with Negan and me. I didn't feel like I was welcomed but maybe a visit is just what I need to come to terms with all of this and I can finally tell my father everything I've been keeping secret.

~

A couple of outfits, my toothbrush, and the dreaded prenatals was all I gather, as I pack a book-bag for the visit.

I'm sure I don't want this pregnancy but I figure I should still take them if by some miracle I change my mind.

Right as I hide them in the front pocket, the door creaks open and Negan walks in.

He doesn't initially notice the bag, his facial expression more relaxed and pleasant than it had been when he left.

"Daddy's home!" a smile spreads on his face.

I cringe at the irony, did he really have to say that?

He wraps his arms around me pulling me in for a kiss. His lips crash onto mine and I feel his hand creep up my leg, then without warning, he smacks my ass.

He releases me and glances at the bed "What'cha got goin' on here?"

"You're taking me to Alexandria," I say giving him my doe eyes that I always use when trying to convince him.

"Why Hun, we stopped dealing with them after the shit with Paul"

I let out an overdramatic sigh, "I know but that doesn't mean I never want to see them again"

Before responding he takes off his boots and lays across the bed "Fine, we'll take a trip up there tomorrow"
My inner-self is doing cartwheels. "How long can we stay?"

"I don't know, I still have a feeling that I'm not well-liked there, even though I did save their asses" he brags.

I give him a nervous smile as the thought of telling him and Rick that I am pregnant dances throughout my mind.