Chapter 13 Bargaining Chip

I wake up later that night to someone wildly knocking. Negan has only been gone for a couple hours, I wasn't expecting him to be back so soon.

I open the door still in the bra and panties. Shit, it's Joey, I close the door back halfway, hiding my body behind the door.

He averts his eyes, "um, y-you need to come with us". I look at him confused, "I'm not going anywhere until Negan gets back" I try closing the door, but he puts his foot in the way. "We just got the message that Negan needs you in Alexandria"

I retreat into the room, rushing to put clothes on. My mind is racing, there must have been trouble trying to find Daryl.

"Hurry up!" he knocks again, sounding aggravated and worried all at once. "Okay, I'm ready" I swing open the door almost hitting Joey in the face.

Our footsteps can be heard traveling throughout the building. We approach Negan's men as they are finishing packing extra weaponry into their vehicles. The sight only makes me more nervous, it's obvious that something is going down.

The ride there was long and daunting.

When we finally arrive, everything seemed oddly peaceful. The saviors still stood outside the gates, while Negan was nowhere to be found. I jump out of the truck, spotting Simon, his face was still but confident, "What's going on?"

"Negan is making a deal" he smiles at me strangely.
I furrow my brows, "Then why did he want me here, everybody in the Sanctuary is freaking out!"

He chuckles, "remember when he called you his 'precious bargaining chip' ?"

I roll my eyes, "yeah"

"Well, he's finally using you to his advantage"

Rage gripes me, "Where is he?"

He points to my old house, where Rick and Carl still live. I'm taking matters into my own hands, my shoes pound heavily across the ground causing mud to splash up my leg. I dart past people, trees, and trucks, to get to Negan.

Before opening the door, I contemplate whether I want to face my father at this moment but I know that I have to.

My fingers connect with the nob and I slowly enter into the room, suddenly a hand grabs my arm pulling me forward.

"See Rick, she's alive! Now give me back my Daryl"

Rick stares, then continues "like I said, we don't know where he is"

Negan sighs letting go of my arm, "you never fucking learn, do you?" he turns to me, "y/n, who should Lucile meet next?"

My breath catches in my throat, "please don't"

He looks at me annoyed, "pick someone, now!" he growls. My body freezes, as he stares me down.

Rick steps in between us, "back off, this doesn't involve her!" He pushes Negan causing him to drop Lucille. We both watch as his expression changes, "you gonna regret that prick!"

I have never seen him this upset, I could tell that murder was on his agenda. I rush to grab the barbed wire wrapped bat, trying to give him time to cool off before he went on another psychopathic killing spree, "Negan, please don't hurt anyone. We can-" he stops me mid-sentence, snatching Lucile out of my hands. "I'm going to give you five seconds, pick someone or I'll pick for you!" his face now only inches from mine.

"Five" he begins to countdown

"four" adrenaline pumps through my vines

"three" I began to quake but remain silent

"two" his foot tapping becomes more aggressive

My anxiety gets the best of me, I blurt out the first person that comes to mind, "Michonne!"