Chapter 15 Not Today, Not Tomorrow

"Are you sure you don't know where Daryl is?" he looks at me skeptically.
"Fuck you, Simon!" I shout back through my tears. "Do you honestly think I would let another person die to protect Daryl?" my blood boils at the accusation. I pull my hand back and smack him across the face.

His cheek turns bright red, the vein in the middle of his forehead starts to throb. He grabs me by my chin, "Don't ever fucking hit me again" he whispers in my face.

I snatch away and scowl at him before turning to look out the window. Anger colors my soul, it spreads throughout my entire system, shutting down all other feelings.

Michonne's cold and limp body lies there as the rest of the Alexandrians return to their homes. While Negan is still squatting eye to eye with Rick.

Negan's POV

"I'm going to kill you"

My nose scrunches, "What? I didn't quite hear that you're going to need to speak up"

"Not today not tomorrow, but I'm going to kill you" Rick's voice takes a darker tone, My eyes stare intensely into his

"Well, you're right. It won't be today cause I got shit to do and your daughter to screw!" I chuckle looking back at Y/N in the truck.

"Let's roll out" I stand, gesturing for my men to pack up.

Y/N's POV

I watch as Negan approaches with a bloody Lucile over his shoulder. He opens the drivers' side door, "I'll take it from here"

Simon nods and gets out the vehicle.

On the way back to the Sanctuary, the ride was silent. I didn't talk to him, and he didn't talk to me.

By the time we get back the sun is beginning to rise, "We're Home!" he parks the truck,
"You still mad at me?"

I ignore him and get out, before closing the door I look back over my shoulder, "I'm going up to the room" I quickly shut the door not caring for his response.

~

I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror as I undress. I'm still wearing the bra and panty set I was going to surprise Negan with.

I roll my eyes at myself, then crawl into bed.

Every time I attempt to sleep I see nothing but Lucile, Negan, and Michonne. My eyes feel puffy and tired.

I soon accept that I'm not going to get any sleep in here. My mind won't let me be in peace.

All I am is sadness, where there was once love, light and laughter is now an aching hollowness.

I am honest, truthful, and full of more love for him than many people realize, yet apparently, it all means nothing when Rick, Daryl, or anyone is factored into the equation.

I get up and redress with the same clothes from earlier, and mindlessly walk the hallways looking for Dwight.

"Hey, where's Dwight?" I stop a random savior that I had never met before.

"Why the hell would I know" he replies annoyed.

"How 'bout where his room is?" I ask him, tilting my head to the side.

"It's the third door down" he points behind him.

I follow his directions and open the door, to find the room empty.

"Thank god" I whisper to myself.

His room was simple but cozy. It isn't nearly as lush as Negan's but it's comfortable and modest. I lay on his bed, my body becoming relaxed.

I feel blackness come over me like a blanket but not a blanket of warmth but of cold, making me shiver but somehow it's making my eyes feel heavier and heavier, I close them, sending me into a dreamless sleep.

A nudge to my ribs makes me jerk awake to see Dwight's irritated face. "Out, Now!" he yanks me up, but I wrap my arms around his neck, "No, lay with me"

He pushes me off, "Are you alright?"

I brush a piece of hair out my face, "Yeah, but I could be better" I sit back on the bed.

"Do you know what Negan would do if he found out I was even alone with you?"

I slowly nod my head.

"Then what the fuck do you think you're doing, or better yet, what do you think we're doing"

"If he can have wives, then I can have husbands" I get up to walk towards him.

I never saw Dwight in a sexual sense but this is the greatest way I know to get back at Negan.

I'm tired of him playing with my heart, then expecting me to get over it and carry on like it never happened.

The only reason he killed Michonne was to punish me because he thought something was going on between Daryl and me.

He sighs "You know that's not how it works"

I lean in to kiss him, but he stops me, looking into each other's eyes, I whisper "He took your wife, don't you want revenge?"

He pauses for a moment, then his hand runs through my hair, he kisses me hard and urgently. Another hand slides around my waist and pulls me even closer.

Now there is only one desire, one goal, and we both know what is going to happen...