Chapter 20

The assassins and Peter have been at the warehouse for 12 hours. They mostly been asleep, trying to get rid of their soreness. It wasn't really helping, as they couldn't move.

Stane walked into the room, and smiled at the three. "Look who's finally up! Been a while since we've talked."

"What do you what?" Clint spat.

"Well, I thought I already told you. I wanted Spidey over there, but I got an extra present when I got you two." Stane pointed towards Nat and Clint. "If you want me to be more specific, I want you guys to help me destroy the Avengers."

"Why would we do that?" Nat asked in a nasty tone.

"Oh, I don't expect you to. But, I can force you to. You see, I have these new technology where I can control others. I've only tested it on rats, but I think that's good enough." Stane smirked. "Anyway, I'll let you rest for a little longer. Got to make sure my kid is okay. Actually, speaking of him, Peter over here hurt him. So, for that, I'll make sure you will get tortured more for that." Stane winked at Peter. With that, Stane left the room.

"Will Tony find us?" Peter asked.

Natasha looked around the room for a moment. She spotted a camera in the corner of the room, facing them. "I don't know."

"How strong do you think these handcuffs are?" Peter asked, realizing he hasn't tried to get out yet.

"Pretty strong. I mean, I can't break out of them so." Clint said.

"Great. At least you still have your cockiness." Nat rolled her eyes.

"Shut it."

"Okay, while you two bicker, I'm gonna try to get out." Peter began pulling on the handcuffs.

"Peter, stop. Look to your left."

Peter listened, and looked left. He spotted the camera Nat saw earlier. He looked towards Natasha for more information. "Wait until the light is off." She whispered.

Peter then noticed the faint blue light in the lens. He nodded, and closed his eyes. He thought of Tony, and wished he was here to help him.

——————————————

"I can't find them. It looks like their trackers are offline." Tony grew more worried as the hours passed.

"Okay, then Plan B."

"Wow, Steve. That would be helpful if we HAD a Plan B." Tony snapped, losing his patience.

"Woah, lower the attitude. Who said I didn't have a Plan B?" Tony perked up in his seat.

"We set a trap." Steve said confidently.

"A trap? That's the best you got?" Tony lost hope again.

"Yeah."

"That won't do anything. He's only going after Peter. That's why he didn't go after us when we searched for him."

"Okay, get Friday to scan the area for Stane." Steve said, trying to think of more ideas.

"That won't work. Stane's been off the radar for 8 years. She can't find them."

"Then scan for Peter." Steve replied.

"True, but that takes up to a week to do."

"Tony, a week is better than never."

Tony silently agreed. He typed into his computer, instructing Friday to look for Peter. He finished, and moved over to work on his suit.

"Tony."

"What, Steve?"

"Go to sleep. Don't overwork yourself. You need to be strong for Peter, and you can't do that with zero sleep."

"Shut up. I do what I want." Tony continued working on his suit.

"Tony."

Tony dropped the wrench he was holding. "Steve. Leave me alone."

"Fine." Steve knew Tony was just trying to cope, and knew he would fall asleep soon or later.

Steve left the lab, and went to the kitchen to make a sandwich for Tony and himself. "Friday, give me updates on Tony every half hour."

"Yes sir."

Steve finished the sandwiches, and brought it down to Tony. He forced him to eat it. Tony was secretly happy he had Steve to help him through this, as well as the rest of the team.

——————————————

"Get up, kid. You got a visitor." Stane kicked Peter in the leg. Peter woke up with a jolt. "What?" Peter looked around.

"Someone came to talk to you." Stane repeated.

"Who?" Peter asked, confused.

"You'll see." Stane said as he walked out of the room. A few minutes later, the door opened. Peter gasped at who he saw, while Nat and Clint looked at each other confused. "Aunt May?"

"Peter." She growled.

"What are you doing here?" Peter asked.

"I'm here to tell you how much you've changed for the worst. You wouldn't be here if you stopped doing what you were doing when I asked you. Frankly, you deserve this." She gestured around the room. "Also, I came to update you on a few things. I gave you to Stark, which you probably knew. Best decision of my life. Now, I don't have to worry about living with a criminal." That word hit Peter hard. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. Tears fell down his face.

"I'm happy you are here. Like I said, you deserve this. Someone needs to put you in your place. You make this world worse, sending villains into New York, putting everyone in danger."

Peter became angry. "You're a bitch. I don't know what Uncle Ben saw in you." Peter spat.

May's face softened for a moment, then she glared at Peter. "No, I don't know what he saw in you. I never wanted you. We were happy. Then you came along. You ruined our happiness. Ben would still be alive if you never showed up at our doorstep. You killed him. Just like you killed your parents."

Peter's rage grew. In a simple move, he snapped the handcuffs. He stormed towards May. "You killed Uncle Ben. He hated you." Peter said. "If it were just me and Uncle Ben, we would be fine." Peter shoved her out of the way, and sprinted to Nat and Clint. He ripped their handcuffs off. All three stood up, getting ready to fight their way out.

Stane stormed in the room. He pressed the button on the sonic taser, and all three Avengers fell to the ground, paralyzed, once again.

"You are worthless, Peter. I knew that, and so did Ben. Don't let anyone tell you anything different." The rage in Peter burst, but because he couldn't move, he was sent into darkness.