Chapter 28

Peter was mostly correct about his 'realization'. He only forgot about one thing: sometimes your brain doesn't want to listen.

Most days, he is happy. He knows he is whole. But some days, he is reminded of his past. On those days, he usually see something that reminds him of Uncle Ben, or his parents, or Aunt May. When he thinks about his past, he thinks about how it was his fault.

When he thinks it's his fault, he goes into a fantasy. He can't see the real world. He is living in a nightmare, and the only way out is to wait.

It has been a week since the laughing attack. Peter woke up feeling great, feeling whole. He still had a few nightmares, but they aren't nearly as bad as they were. He wakes up with a jolt, but he can catch his breath quickly.

Today, he didn't have any nightmares. He knew it was going to be a great day. He looked at the clock. 9:27.

Luckily, it was a Saturday so he didn't have to worry about school. He only has 4 weeks until the end of school, then he can train more, which he is excited about.

Peter hopped out of bed with a smile. He brushed his hair and teeth. His stomach growled, so he decided to head to the kitchen. He threw on some jeans and a science pun shirt, and went on his way.

His smile grew at the thought of food. He walked around the corner and saw the whole team. Clint was the first to notice Peter. "Hey Petey-boy!"

Peter's smile instantly fell. He was wrong, today will be a bad day.

Peter's eyes glazed over, and he went into a fantasy. Petey-Boy. Such a simple nickname, yet it holds so much history.

Petey-Boy reminds Peter of May and Ben. They used to always call him that. It was a cute nickname, and always brought a smile to his face.

Then, Aunt May found out about Spider-Man. She said he wasn't her Petey-Boy anymore. The name now brought a frown to his face.

Petey-Boy brings Peter back to the kidnapping. He can live with thinking about it, but he can't relive it. Unfortunately, he is now reliving it.

(The italics are what Peter is seeing, Normal is reality)

He was captured. Peter was in a small room without Clint and Natasha. Handcuffs trapping him. Stane walked in.

Everyone looked at Peter, who was tense and frowning. "Peter?" Tony asked, cautiously.

"Look who is up!" Stane said. Peter looked at Stane and glared. "What do you want with me?"

Peter looked at Tony. "What do you want with me?" He spat out.

Tony slowly walked up to Peter, keeping 5 feet in distance. "What do you mean Peter?"

"I want you to be my assassin, Peter." Stane replied, with a smirk.

Peter clenched his fists. "I don't kill."

Peter's hands were tied to his waist. His hands clenched. "I don't kill." Peter's voice was hoarse.

Everyone looked around. They were all confused. No one mentioned killing. "Peter, we know you don't kill. You wouldn't kill a fly." Tony's heart broke for the boy.

"Peter, that's not what I heard. Someone you love says you do." Stane took a step closer.

"Who says that?" Peter spat out.

Tony took a step closer to Peter. "Who says that?" Peter growls.

Tony opened his mouth to answer, but Clint cut him off. "Peter, we know you don't. You are a hero, and we all know that."