Chapter 29

Tony was sitting on the floor, breathing heavily. He was trying to process everything that happened in the last 5 minutes. "What happened?" Tony croaked out.

"He was living in a dream. It's confusing, and hard to understand." Natasha explained.

Tony nodded, even though he was confused. "So he didn't actually mean to do that?"

"He didn't mean to do it, Tony." Natasha said to comfort him.

Peter crawled through the broken window, and stood up. He looked around the room and saw Tony against the wall and Pietro trying to get Clint out of webs. "What happened?"

Everyone turned towards Peter. No one answered him, just looked at him. Peter began to get nervous. "What did I do?"

Natasha looked around the room, realizing no one else knew how to explain. She spoke up. "You imagined something. I don't know what, but it affected you."

Peter stood there, looking around more. "I did this?" Peter was trying to figure out what happened.

"Yeah, but you didn't mean to." Natasha answered. "Why don't you sit down for a moment?"

Peter nodded, and walked over to the counter. No one else moved except Natasha. Once Peter and Natasha sat down, Natasha talked to him again. "What did you see?"

Peter thought for a moment. "I-I was back with Stane and May. It was the same way I escaped, but dif-different."

"How was it different?" Natasha asked in a calming voice.

"M-my parents were there, and Uncle Ben." Peter rubbed his eyes, trying to get rid of the confusion.

"Okay, do you remember what Stane did?" Natasha placed her hand on Peter's back, in an attempt to calm him down.

"He was saying I killed people. T-then he brought Aunt May in." Peter paused for a second. "Then he touched my shoulder and I-I got angry and flipped him."

Natasha nodded, partially understanding what happened. "What happened next?" Natasha rubbed circles on his back.

"I-I got on top of Stane and told him that he doesn't know me. Then a, uh, an agent pulled me off." Peter looked up at Natasha, trying to read her emotions.

Natasha nodded, telling him to continue. "Then May said I almost killed him, so I, uh..." Peter paused to breathe. He was surprised he hasn't cried yet, but he guessed he was too confused to. "I broke out of the agent's hold, and, um, pushed Aunt May against the wall."

Natasha nodded again. "Did someone else show up?" She was starting to understand what he saw.

Peter looked down. "My parents were whispering. I webbed May to the wall and told my parents they didn't need to whisper." Natasha's eyes widened, realizing her and Bucky were his parents.

Peter was looking at his hands, so he didn't see Nat's reaction. "Then Uncle Ben showed up, and starting talking to me. Then, uh, they all starting to yell at me so I, er, I jumped out of a window."

Natasha nodded again. "It was your imagination. Do you know what caused it?"

"I can't remember." Peter's vision started to get blurry. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay. What's the last thing you remember before that?" Natasha was staying incredibly calm.

"Uh, I went to the kitchen to eat. Then Cli-" Peter's head snapped up. "Then Clint called me a nickname."

Clint's eyes widened. "I caused this?"

Peter looked at Clint. He broke down at seeing how guilty Clint looked. "I-I-I'm sorry." Peter choked out.

Natasha immediately responded. She pulled Peter into a hug. "It's okay. Shh. Shh."

After a few minutes, Peter calmed down a little bit. "W-What happened during all of that?"

"You were seeing us at different people. You thought you were back at the warehouse."

Peter looked up at her. "D-Did I hurt you guys?"

Natasha shook her head. "No, no. You didn't know what was happening."

More tears ran down Peter's face. "Did I hurt Tony?"

"You thought he was Stane." Natasha rubbed his back again.

"I'm sorry." Peter whispered.

"Peter, it wasn't your fault." Peter cried harder. "You were scared. You didn't mean to."

"T-That never happened before." Peter choked out.

"It's okay. How about you go lay down? We can talk about this later. Okay?" Natasha asked.

Peter was hesitant, but knew he needed time to calm down. He nodded, and silently walked to his room.

Once the door to his bedroom closed, Natasha started explaining what happened. "He thought we were different people. He was hearing different things."

"Did he think I was Stane?" Tony asked.

"Yeah, he thought you were Stane, and Clint was May. Bucky and I were his parents."

"Why did this happen?" Tony asked, still shaken up.

Clint spoke up, guilt present in his voice. "I called him Petey-boy. I didn't know this was gonna happen."

"Clint, you didn't know what was gonna happen. You didn't cause this." Natasha walked over to Clint and hugged him.

"Why did he think I was Stane?" Tony asked.

"I don't know."

Tony stood up, slowly. "I gotta go." Tony's back and neck hurt, but he ignored the pain. He sprinted through the hall and knocked on Peter's door.

There was no answer, but Tony heard whimpers. He opened the door and saw Peter laying in his bed.

Tony closed the door behind him, and walked to the side of the bed. "Peter?"

Peter looked up, and jumped into Tony's arms. "I'm sorry! I'm so so sorry!" Peter cried.

"It's okay. It's okay." Tony sat down on the bed, and rested his head on the headboard.

"I didn't mean to, I swear!"
Peter sobbed.

"I know, it's okay. Just go to sleep. I'll be with you." Tony shifted into a more comfortable position. He felt Peter nod against his chest.

Soon, he heard soft snored coming from Peter. He smiled lightly. He was scared as hell, he didn't want his kid to go through that. But, right now, he just wanted to be there for Peter.

Tony closed his eyes, comfortable with Peter by his side. He shortly fell asleep.

They both knew they would have to talk about what happened after they woke up, but they both will be calmer then. They were both afraid, but they also knew that they can get through this. The whole team could, together.

A/N I was gonna have them talk in this chapter, but I know that something like this wouldn't be fixed in one day, so I decided to make it a few chapters. Hope you enjoyed. :)