3 - Did your mom make this?

PRESENT

Hoseok is sitting in the cafeteria, alone. Jimin and him aren't in the same class and Jimin still has two more periods to go while Hoseok has already finished. It's their thing, no matter how earlier one of them finishes his classes, the other will always wait for him so they can walk home together.

Hoseok was busy eating his food and reading weebtoons to notice a group of boys approaching his table. They snicker as they are coming closer. When they come to a full stop in front of Hoseok's table, they silence themselves.

The supposed leader places his hand down on the table to gain Hoseok's attention.

He succeeds, seeing how the brown-haired male looks up with an annoyed expression.

The guy smirks "hi, horseface."

A few low chuckles erupted from the group of guys behind him.

"Jungkook" Hoseok replies, averting his attention back on the weebtoons.

"What's for lunch?" the guy, Jungkook, then asks and before Hoseok can grab a hold of his lunchbox, it is taken out of his reach.

He stands up, glaring at Jungkook and attempts to take it back, only to be harshly pushed back into his seat. Hoseok sighs, Jungkook was too strong for him; he had learned that over the past three years.

Jungkook nonchalantly opens the lunchbox and looks at it's consistency. The food looks amazingly delicious and for a second he catches himself thinking of just eating it.

"Did your mom make this?" he asks with a lifted eyebrow. The question makes people around them, including some students that are sitting tables away, laugh out loud.

"Give it back" Hoseok glares.

Jungkook looks at the lunchbox and then at Hoseok. He leans forward on the table and smirks at him, amused at the sight of the latter trying to be intimidating.

"And if I don't?" he asks.

By now Hoseok is boiling with anger. He wants nothing more than to punch the guy in front of him so hard it destroys that pretty face of his.

Just as Hoseok is about to talk back, a tall figure with silver hair in a quiff appears out of nowhere with heavy steps. He slams his hands on the table and glares at Jungkook with a scary gaze.

"Is there a problem here?" he asks, his voice low.

Hoseok mentally releases a breath of relief. Thank god, he thinks to himself.

Jungkook looks at the guy, who by the way does not seem happy, before he looks back at Hoseok.

"Not at all, if anything I was just taking my leave" he cockily smiles.

"Good" the guy says and waits for Jungkook to leave. Jungkook notices and rolls his eyes before throwing Hoseok's (open) lunchbox across the cafeteria, where it perfectly lands in the trash.

He turns his back and smirks "see you around, horseface, Namjoon."

Namjoon jerks his head to the side, gesturing for him to get lost.

The group of guys leaves, leaving Namjoon and Hoseok alone. Namjoon looks at the bullied boy and sits down with a sudden soft expression.

"Are you okay?" He asks, placing a hand on Hoseok's shoulder.

Hoseok shrugs.

"It's just a few more months and I'll be out of this school."

Namjoon frowns. He hates seeing one of his closest friends getting bullied. Luckily, he's got that scary aura around him to scare them off. He's known for getting into numerous fights, breaking laws, smoking, drinking etc. No one dares to get close to him and he's kind of proud of that.

But still, he worries about what might happen when he's not there to protect his friend.

He isn't stupid, he sees how the latter tries to stand tall and fight back, but then again, Jungkook is the one in the other corner. He's the popular guy. The whole school's got his back because he just happens to have a handsome face and money.

Other than that, Jungkook is a fuckboy, a spoiled rich kid who likes to boss people around. Namjoon doesn't know how Hoseok got to be the one getting bullied, and honestly Hoseok didn't know either.

Guess Jungkook just likes to fuck around with people's feelings.

Namjoon's gaze then shoots at the trash bin at the other side of the cafeteria.

"Was that your lunch?" he asks.

Hoseok sighs and wipes Namjoon's hand off his shoulder.

"I'm gonna go to the practice room."

Namjoon nods, seeing how Hoseok doesn't want to talk about it.

"Alright, remember if you need anything you can always call me."

Hoseok nods and grabs his bag and phone and waves Namjoon goodbye before leaving the cafeteria. He speeds down the hallways into the practice room that was thankfully empty.

The practice room is big, making every little sound echo through the air. It doesn't consist much furniture, except for two long benches placed against one of the walls, speakers, a radio and a large mirror which covers one whole wall.

Hoseok walks towards the radio and connects it to his phone. On his phone he clicks on the music icon. His thumb swipes through the playlists he created for each one of his moods. He taps the screen, opening one of the displayed playlists and then taps on it once again, this time choosing one of his favourite songs that he's been listening to a lot lately.

 Upon hearing the soothing music play through the speakers he immediately closes his eyes and lets his head fall back.

Hoseok is actually not the type to dance to slow songs. He usually dances to upbeat songs, showing off his tough hiphop or b-boy side. However, in the moments when he feels emotional, he learned to conquer the uneasy feelings by moving his body to slightly calmer types of songs. Today's feeling though was not sadness. It was purely anger that he desperately needed to release.

He walks towards the middle of the room, his hands and feet already moving by the beat of the playing song.

When he reaches the center, he turns on his heels so he's facing the mirror.

For a second he opens his eyes to look at his reflection and then closes them once again and sways his body to the beat for s quick moment, until he lets his feet take control of him.

____
I am trying to keep the chapters shorter because in my last book there was almost 3000 words per chapter and I feel like they might've been too long.

[Matt Maeson - Melons]

-Attn xx