25 - When you grow up

HISTORY

"Everyone take a piece of paper" the teacher said before handing out the held papers to fourth graders.

Hoseok walks up for her, taking a piece for himself and an extra one for Jimin. He then returned to his seat, which was in the back of the class. Besides Jimin, he didn't get along to well with his classmates and choosing the seat in the back was a creative way to avoid human contact.

He sat down, handing a paper to Jimin, who sat at a desk next to him.

Jimin smiled in return.

"Now, what I want you to do is draw a picture of yourself in 20 years. You have 45 minutes, make sure to add many details to your picture and in the end if you want you can present it to the class" the teacher instructed.

Hoseok looked down at his paper, mentally doing his math to find a scenery appropriate for the age. He then glanced at his side, seeing Jimin blankly staring at his paper.

"Do you know what you'll draw?" he asked.

Jimin looked at him shrugged "I don't know... I'll be 28 then. Maybe I'll already have a family?"

Hoseok nodded. 

He took out his colour pencils and placed them neatly next to the paper.

Maybe I'll have a family too?

And so, he began drawing. He started with a large house, which ended up being pink and red, because one of his colour pencils broke in the process of colouring. He made sure to add a big roof with a chimney on top of it, so it would be nice and warm in the winter.

He then drew a tree, colouring the treetop light pink. He mixed in a bit of darker pink to make it realistic and then drew the fallen pink leaves below it.

And then he realised he forgot to draw the ground.

So he did.

And then, it was time to draw himself.

He thought for a moment before drawing a tall figure, because he WILL grow tall. For the clothes he chose a business man's outfit; black pants with a white button up, a tie around his neck and a black jacket around him.

He added brown hair on top of the figure, thinking that maybe one day in the future, his mom will actually let him dye his hair.

"Will you have kids?" a voice snapped him out.

He looked at Jimin, who was already looking at his drawing. Hoseok quickly covered it with his hands.

"Don't look! It's not done yet..."

Jimin chuckled.

"Well, will you?"

Hoseok shrugged, "I'm not sure... probably."

"How many?" 

He thought for a bit.

"I want a big family. Being an only child gets boring sometimes," he said, watching Jimin nod. "Maybe three? Two boys and one girl?"

Jimin smiled.

Hoseok smiled back, "and then we could have family game nights. But then, we won't be equally in groups." He thought some more, "four kids!"

"What about you?" he then asked Jimin.

Jimin thought for a bit.

"I think I want a big family as well."

Hoseok smiled, a blush creeping up his cheeks.

"You'd be a loving father," was the last thing he said before going back to his paper.

He heard Jimin chuckle, though didn't look up and just focused on drawing the mentioned kids.

Two girls and two boys, so it's equal.

--

"Alright class, you have five minutes left" the teacher announced while looking around the class. She came up behind Hoseok, taking a clear look at his drawing.

She smiled.

"Do you want a big family when you grow up?" she asked, startling Hoseok.

He looked up at her with innocent eyes and nodded.

"Two boys and two girls, so when we go into teams for family game nights the teams will be equal."

The teacher chuckled.

"You're a really good artist" she said, picking up the paper to get a closer look.

"What about your partner?" she then asked.

"Hm?" 

"The other parent" she explained.

"Oh, I don't know who to draw yet" he said, frowning.

"It's okay, you can finish your work at home" she smiled and then continued looking at other classmates' drawings.

Hoseok looked back at his paper.

Of course he wants to be married but to who--

"Here" he was once again interrupted when a blue pencil landed on his desk.

He looked at the direction it came from, seeing Jimin smiling widely.

"Thanks for letting me borrow it."

Hoseok smiled, feeling his heart beat faster at the sight of the young boy. 

And with that, he knew exactly who to draw on his paper.

___
Short chap lmao.

___Short chap lmao

[Alec Benjamin & Alessia Cara - Let me down slowly]

-Attn xx