22 - You'll realise it soon

HISTORY

"You care about me a lot, don't you?" a fourteen year old Jimin joked while spinning on Hoseok's chair, looking up at his ceiling.

"More than you think" Hoseok mumbled back, nonchalantly, as he was focused on reading his comic. He then looked up at Jimin, who kept spinning in his chair and scoffed.

"Minnie, you really need to do your homework."

"Ew, you sound like my mom" Jimin cringed.

"I'm serious, you're falling behind," Hoseok sighed and stood up from his bed, throwing the comic away. He leaned over Jimin, who at this point finally stopped spinning, and looked at the latter's notebook.

He saw how most of the equations were crossed out, the paper was crumbled due to constant erasing. Some pages were ripped out and whole scene just looked uncomfortably messy.

Hoseok looked at Jimin, who was no longer smiling. Instead his face expressed sadness and shame. He noticed how he leaned back into his over-sized hoodie, pulling it up to his nose which was a common thing for him to do when he was embarrassed.

"What wrong, Min?" Hoseok asked, placing a hand on his shoulder.

Jimin sighed into his hoodie.

"Nothing, I'm just dumb" he says, bringing his hand up to drop the pencil he had been holding in his grip.

Hoseok frowned at his words. 

"You're not dumb, you just need more practice than others."

Jimin hid his face in his hoodie, humming something in return. The action made Hoseok frown deeper. He knew Jimin was self-conscious about his grades. He wasn't particularly a bad student, his grades were average, all from A to F. But he had a problem comparing himself to his fellow classmates.

They were all extremely bright students. They were all kind and they often offered help if they noticed Jimin had problems studying a certain subject. But because Jimin's grades were often lower than their's, he felt like he wasn't good enough to hang out with them.

Seokjin, or Jin, who has had straight A's all along would often take Jimin to the library where he would explain stuff to him and as much as Jimin appreciated it, he felt as if he had been bothering the latter, wasting his precious time to work on an idiot like himself.

The hours did pay off though, with Jin's help Jimin successfully fixed his grades, however was too embarrassed to ask for Jin's help again.

"Come on," Hoseok called out, making Jimin glance out of his hoodie. He looked down at Hoseok's hand who was stretched out in front of his form.

He looked up at him with a raised eyebrow.

"We're going to make ourselves something to eat, and later we'll go through the problems together."

Jimin sighed, taking Hoseok's hand and standing up.

--

"And here you see you get Viet's formula, therefore you have to solve this one as well" Hoseok explained. "Do you know how to do this?"

"(3+x)(5-x)?" Jimin mumbled out.

Hoseok looked at the latter proudly.

"Waah, my Jiminie is so smart" he whistled, making Jimin shake his head with a smile.

"You end the equation here and just underline it" he instructed farther and Jimin did as told.

And so, they were finally finished with the last problem written down in Jimin's notebook. A loud sigh escaped Jimin lips as he reached out for the last bit of his sandwich.