Chapter 3 - Burning

*Matthew*

"Good boy,now the real fun can begin."

Alexandra snapped her fingers then a guy with ER scrubs came in pushing a table in front of him. I assume he's a pack docter by the outfit. He stops the table next to Alexandra then shuffles around until he stood facing her. He picked up a syringe, tapped the tube loosening up the liquid inside and turned to face me.

"Thank you, Mason. I believe the antidote is ready for use?" She asked not taking her electric blue eyes off me while she spoke.

"Yes,Alpha. I have it right here ready if you call for it," the guy called Mason said pulling a small test tube out from the chest pocket of his uniform.

Then Alexandra looked at me and said,"Now, Matthew, you must be wondering what might be in that syringe. Well, my dear, that is poison. A mix of liquid silver and pure wolfsbane, two harmful ingredients mixed to make one deadly poison. We are going to see how long it will take to make you blackout to which we will give you the antidote."

"Why waste it on me? There are much worse threats to your pack than me. Why don't you just kill me? You have the chance, right here, right now. Why not?" I replied back to her explanation.

Anger and frustration shined in her eyes, but she kept a straight face trying not to snap," Don't you see? I'm not going to kill you, I going to get you to beg for mercy. Punishment will give what I want. Besides, killing you is to easy."

She turned her head toward Mason and gave him the command. He stepped closer to me but I growled at him loudly which made him stop in his tracks. He then looked at his alpha to which Alexandra replied,

"Chain him."

Two guys came in and chained me,I didn't resist because I knew I wouldn't stand a chance in my condition. Mason came closer and stuck the syringe in my arm and injected it into my bloodstream. It immediately started burning me. Working it's way through my body. I fell to my knees and started coughing up blood as it burned my lungs. The poison travelled through my veins spreading to the rest of my body. My eyes started to fog up and everything started to blur. My wolf, Octavian, howled in agony trying to keep the poison away for a little longer. Then finally dark specs covered my vision, they lost focus then I blacked out.

* Two hours *

I finally regained consciousness after what felt like hours. The burning subsided and all that burned was my wrist because of the chains. I sat up and a groan escaped my mouth which got the attention of the person across the room. My eyes were still out of focus, but I recognizes it as Alexandra just by her smell. The smell of lavender and honey was intoxicating to say the least.

"You're awake, I was wondering when you'll be up," she said crossing her arms over her chest, standing in front of me.

I couldn't reply back with one of my snarky comments seeing as my voice betrayed me and all I could muster was a growl.

She looked at me and smiled then said,"Don't be mean. I spared your life after crossed into my borders. Besides I want to congratulate you, we have a new record.I'm impressed."

Still I didn't reply so she went on," Five minutes,most don't make it past the first minute."

"Why?" I asked in a harsh tone.

Alexandra's smile vanished," Why, what?"

"Why torture your own mate. It must be killing you seeing me suffer. You have the chance to reject me, but you don't. My wolf has talked to yours and she says you were never like this. You were kind and sensitive. Until your parents were kill--," I stopped talking as I felt her fist collide with my jaw.