Chapter 32 - Last Goodbye

"Nothing lasts forever. Forever is a lie. All we have is what's between hello and goodbye."

*Alexandra*

I stood outside Lisa's house. The door was so close, my hand was on the doorknob, yet I couldn't get myself to turn the thing to walk inside. I couldn't face the fact that I had to tell Lisa what had happened to her.

I couldn't let her that Avery was gone, but I had to. She had to hear it from me and not from someone else. I promised myself that  I wouldn't cry and had to be strong when conveying the news, but I knew at the bottom of my heart that I won't be able to keep that promise.

I gripped the doorknob tighter and turned it, I heard the faint click and opened it. I walked inside and down the hallway. I could hear Lisa in the kitchen probably preparing dinner for herself. I heard her humming to herself, it was a happy tune and that made me even more sad.

I rounded the corner and she lifted her head at the sound of my footsteps. Her eyes lit up when she saw me and I could've sworn she looked younger. The grey in her hair seemed to disappeared and her smile shone bright enough to light up the room.

"Alex! What a surprise. I was wondering when you'll be coming again. How are you? How's Matthew doing?" she said excitedly as she walked towards me and gave me a tight hug.

My heart felt heavy as I answered her, "He's doing fine, thanks."

Her expression changed into worry. She cupped my face with her hands and looked into my eyes. "What happened?"

As I looked into her soft green eyes I felt tears prickling at the corners of my eyes. The promise I made quickly dissolved and the tears started to flow. Lisa pulled me into a tight hug making my head rest on her shoulder as the the sobs escaped me. She whispered reassuring words and stroked my hair, her sweet scent relaxed me just enough to be able to talk.

I pulled back and Lisa brushed away the remaining tears with her thumb. I knew I shouldn't wait any longer so I told her to take a seat and she did. I sighed and took her hand in mine.

"Lisa, there's no easy way to say this, but I thought it would be better if you heard it from me." She nodded looking a little confused, but I continued with the dreadful news.

"Lisa, Avery she's- she's gone." I felt the rest of my tears fall as I put my hand over my mouth to hold back the sob. I heard Lisa's ragged breathes, when I looked up I saw a couple of silent tears roll down her cheeks.

"Alex, is it true?" she asked and I nodded.

I felt her pull me towards her, we were in the same position like before, but this time both of us were crying. Unlike me Lisa was surprisingly quiet, but I knew she was trying to be strong for me. Her green eyes has witness more death than I could even imagine, her sweet and caring demeanour was hiding years of pain.

Now she had to witness another person's death that she loved. Avery was like a granddaughter to her. Another candle who's flame was blown out to soon.

♤♤♤

It's been five days since Avery's passing and today was her funeral. I had decided to bury her among the Storm family in our personal graveyard. I stood in front of her grave, the soil covering her was darker than that around her.

We had given her a white marble gravestone with engravings of flowers that acted like a border around the text that was there. Around the grave lied bunches of Lily of the Valley flowers laid down by pack members.

I was clutching a deep red rose in my hand, it was the Storm family's signature flower and would comment be placed down by the Alpha. I closed my eyes and started to pray to the Moon Goddess in Latin like our ancestors before us.

My Lady, I beg thou to carry her soul on into eternal life. Thou brings us death when the time is right and rewards us when we have proven ourselves worthy of thou grace and mercy. I beg thou to protect her from wandering and lead her to light, I beg the same for the many others that we have lost in their brave battle to protect their alpha and pack.

Ave Lunam

I bowed my head and placed the rose in front of the stone. The red tone standing out amongst the white. I felt a silent tear fall and took a deep breath to keep myself together.

Someone placed a hand on my shoulder and when I turned around I saw Elijah. He gave me a weak smile, but I could see the sadness behind it. He bowed his head and repeated the last two words, "Ave Lunam."

"Alex, I'm sorry for what happened. She seemed like the nicest person to grace us with her presence and she didn't deserve to die," Elijah said looking down at the grave.

"I'm gonna kill him and no one's going to stop me this time. I'll kill Ryker. I'll kill Percival. And I'll kill everyone that has helped them."

"Well then, you've got your work cut out for you. Don't let me stop you from getting your justice," he said and I just chuckled coldly.

"Justice? We're way passed that. I'm looking for revenge."

♤♤♤

Hey guy! Bit of a shorter chapter, sorry, but exams have started and I'm currently sick, so I'm basicly dying. Oh well, no pain, no gain, as they say.

Ave Lunam - Hail to the Moon

Anyway, I hope you liked the chapter please vote, comment and share.

Love you guys♡
Thea