Chapter 10 - Realisation

*Alexandra*

"You'll be surprised."

We walked back inside to where the kitchen was and we both took a seat at the table. I saw Lisa already filled my plate and my favourite mug, with a bow and arrow design, was filled to the brim with coffee. I smiled at the gesture remembering all the times she had done this for us before I became alpha.

Conrad's plate was filled with blueberry pancakes because it was his favourite and he had his mug with a sword design around the outside. Matthew didn't have a plate so I assumed he had already eaten, so he just held his cup and taking few sips at a time.

We sat for a while when we heard a knock on the door. Lisa got up and opened it and I heard Raymond's voice echo through the hallway. I make an internal groan because he must have heard about Matthew and I'd have to explain from the beginning.

Lisa enters first followed by Raymond. He stops in his tracks at the sight of Matthew and immediately starts to growl, his eyes turning silwer showing that his wolf was fighting for control.

We all get up, Conrad the first one trying to calm him, but was failing at holding him. Matthew starts growling too. His turning a bright gold but I could see he was still in enough control.

When I see Raymond's fangs showing I knew he wasn't going to last any longer so I used my alpha command,

"Stand down,Raymond."

He stood back holding his head in his hands, when he looked back up his fangs was retracted and his eyes changed back to their normal colour. Matthew calmed down to and his eyes changed back to their normal dark blue.

I realized everyone was staring at me and I changed my eyes too and told Raymond," We need to talk. Outside."

He nodded and we walked back outside to the back garden. We stood in silence for a while before I spoke and asked," What's wrong with you? I've never had to use my alpha command on you, you usually back off before I can. And you've been acting strange since the day you finally met Matthew, that was the first time I heard you make a death threat. And, to be honest, that actually scared the crap out of me. What's going on, Raymond?"

"You know how I feel about rogues."

"Bullshit! We all have our problems with rogues and we feel many ways about them," I said not believing his answer, anger lacing through my words.

"You want the truth? Fine. I'm mad at you!" his answer shocked me so I said.

"Excuse me? What did you say?"

"You heard me, I'm mad at you. That rogue doesn't deserve to be alive. He should be in a cell, tortured 24/7 for everything his kind has done to us. Now it's sitting at our table, eating our food and communicating with Lisa. He should be killed just for looking at her, she's our mother, Alexandra. And you're just going with it? You're the most feared alpha in among many. Why is he here?" he ended and breathed deeply after what he said.

I looked into his eyes and gave him the answer to all his questions," He's my mate, Raymond."

His eyes widened, realising the mistake he had made by questioning his alpha face on. He fell to his knees in front of me then I bend down to his level and lift up his chin. Tears were streaming down his cheeks and he started to apologise for the things he had said.

I pull him to my chest and give him a hug, rubbing his back to calm him down. His head rested on my shoulder and his arms were around my waist embracing me as well. I couldn't stay mad at him because he's my friend, my brother, we grew up together here in Lisa's home. Even though he annoyed me at times, I would always welcome his precence.

When he finally called down, we pulled apart and stood up from our position. He then said," I know he's your mate, but that doesn't mean I trust him right away. I'll respect him if he respects me."

"Raymond, I understand why and I'll give you the time, but an outburst like that again about something so small won't be taken lightly next time. Besides I think you both might get along great seeing as the goddess had added to much sarcasm while making you two," I said and he chuckled.

"I've already have an idea of what his humour looks like," he said while smiling at me.

We walk back inside to see Lisa had already made Raymond a cup of coffee in his mug with a spear design on the outside. I sat back down across from Matthew who gave me a questioning look, but dropped it just as soon as I looked away.

It was time for Conrad, Raymond and I to leave. We said our goodbyes and walked away from the house. We walked in silence for a while then Conrad spoke,"What's it like?"

I was confused at the question then he explained," What's it like having a mate? Seeing you have one. Are the stories true, about the sparks and emotions?"

I thought about the question then answered," To be honest, I don't know how it feels. The stories are true, but I haven't fully experienced it yet, so I can't actually explain it." They both nodded at my answer then Raymond spoke.

"You better start experiencing it soon because we'll need a few tips before we find our mates," he said trying to make a joke,but Conrad said.

"If we find our mates," that kind of made the mood depressing because I know how long he's been waiting, but hasn't found her.

I saw Raymond lowering his head too which made me feel guilt because they really deserved mates. We walk in silence toward the pack house, the warriors in training already lined up for practice. All three of us straightened up and walked toward them, I give them their orders. They form groups of two and get in their sparring positions waiting for my command.

I hold my hands behind my back and I give the order," Begin!"

♤♤♤

Two chapters for you guys because I owe you that much.

Question: If you had to choose who your favourite character is between Alexandra, Conrad or Raymond. Who would it be? (Comment)

If you guys liked the chapter please vote and comment.

Love you guys
Thea♡