Chapter 17 - Feeling Better

*Matthew*

After sharing the news of her brother, Alexandra had calmed down enough after crying and fell asleep on my chest. I still had my arms around her to make her feel relaxed.

Her breathing was soft and her lavender and honey scent made me tired, but I stayed awake incase she woke up.

I assumed that she hadn't gotten much sleep these past few days, she had dark circles under her eyes and how easily she fell asleep just by putting her head on my chest. And these few hours would do her good because she needed the rest.

Lisa was still in her room and hadn't come out, but maby she to was asleep. She also didn't sleep much because she would stay up past midnight waiting for us and get up the next morning at six to start making breakfast. But she still tries hiding the fact that she's exhausted.

I suddenly felt Alexandra move in my arms. She opened her eyes and softly sighed before looking up at me.

Then she asked in a soft voice, "How long was I asleep?"

"About three hours."

"Did you get any sleep?" she asked.

"No, I wanted to stay awake incase you needed me when you wake up," I answer her.

She sat up slowly and rubbed her eyes while saying," I'm sorry, you must be tired after watching over me sleep for three hours."

I gave a soft laugh, "Don't worry about it. You were tired and needed the rest, after everything you've done for me, it's the least I could do."

"Thank you, Matthew," she leaned forward and kissed my cheek.

The way she said my name made shivers go down my spine, but in a good way and as a bonus, her British accent just made it sound even better.

She then looked in the direction of Lisa's bedroom and said, "I guess Lisa's still asleep. I actually feel guilty for putting so much stress on her. This isn't her fight anymore, I have to fight my own battles and yet I drag her in anyway."

"Alexandra, she cares for you, that's why she keeps fighting. She's trying to protect you," I tell her, taking her hand in mine.

She smiles at me with sadness in her eyes. She sighs before saying," Why is it that every time I'm talking to you, you say something as beautiful as that and it makes me want to cry?"

I laugh and say," I don't know maby I just have that effect on you. Is it a good thing or should I try a new approach?"

She laughs at my dumb question, her eyes were filled with amusement as she answered," I don't think making me cry will make me more attracted to you so I guess a new approach might be a better option."

"Then it's back to the drawing board with me. It might take awhile, but I promise you, Alexandra Storm, the next idea will make you feel so attracted to me you won't even know what hit you," I said

She just shook her head and said, "Then I can't wait to hear it, Matthew Hunter."

As we laughed we heard a door open and Alexandra quickly put her hand over my mouth, a sign to stay quiet as she got up to investigate. I also stood up and silently walked up the stairs to go to the library to hide.

As I closed the door I heard people talking and I listened to what they were saying.

"Alpha, you have to come to the eastern border immediately, something happened," the other person said with panic in his voice.

"I'm on my way, go and get Beta Conrad and Delta Raymond. I'll be there shortly," Alexandra said, all traces of the amusement gone.

"Yes, Alpha." Then I heard the door close. I quickly make my way downstairs where I found Alexandra.

She looked frustrated and angry as she paced the hallway. She was fiddling with the ring on her finger. I was at the foot of the stairs when she finally looked up.

She walked up to me and wrapped her arms around my neck pulling me to her. This caught me completely off guard, but I still put my arms around her waist.

"What's wrong? Who was at the door, Alexandra?" I ask her, but she didn't answer all she did was let go of me. Didn't look at me as she tried to take a step back, but I didn't let go of her waist.

She sighed and looked me in the eyes, "It was my Gamma. He told me something happened at the eastern border of the pack. And it's just my luck that when I'm finally feeling a bit better something bad happens."

I didn't know what to say, but then she said, "I actually wanted to wait before I do this, but seeing as this day couldn't get any worse I might as well do it now."

"What do you mean,Alexan--"

I couldn't finish my question because before I could Alexandra had kissed me. It was soft and passionate, not at all like the forced one we had in the cell. No, it was filled with emotion and maby even love.

She ran her fingers through my hair as I tightened my arms around her waist. I had to fight against the urge to let out a moan as we went on.

She eventually broke the kiss and I immediately missed her lips. I guess she was a little shocked by her own actions because when we looked at each other she just started laughing and I did to.

Then she said in a soft voice,"I have to go, but I'll be back tonight for our training session. I just need to handle this first."

"I understand, your pack always comes first, no matter what. I'll be here waiting for you," I tell her and finally let her go.

She walks to the door, but just before opening it she turns around and comes back my way and kisses me one more time. Then she goes back to the door and goes outside.

I smiled to myself and turned to face the stairs where I saw Lisa standing at the top leaning against the rail, her arms crossed and a mischievous grin on her face.

Then she said, "I'd love to hear all about it over a cup of coffee."

I smile and run my hand through my hair as I said," We'll need something much stronger then just coffee, it's quite the story."

She laughed as she walked down, "Good thing I know where my husband kept his whiskey."

I laughed as I followed her to the kitchen.

♤♤♤

Oh my gosh! They had their first official kiss. There growing up so fast *wipes away tear* I actually enjoyed writing this chapter, just because the funny and passionate side of Alexandra was so great to write.

Anyway... I hope you liked the chapter please vote, comment and share.

Love you guys♡
Thea