Chapter 34 - Good Things Never Last

"One of the hardest things that you'll ever do is to grieve the loss of a person who is still alive."

*Matthew*

I woke up the next morning with Alexandra ressing her head on my chest. She looked peaceful as I placed a kiss on the top of her head. I gently moved out from underneath her and got out of bed.

Pulling on a pair of sweatpants, I left the room to go to the kitchen. I decided to make some coffee as I waited for to wake up. I got out two cups and placed them on the counter.

While preparing things I thought back to last night. Remembering what had happened I couldn't help the smirk that pulled at my lips. Then a sudden feeling of anxiety creeped over me. Doubts started clouding my mind making me feel stressed and worried.

Footsteps echoed off the tiles, as soon as the coffee was finished, and Alexandra entered rubbing her eyes. When she saw me she gave me a tired smile and that made the doubts disappear from my mind.

She wore a pair of shorts and one of my T-shirts. Her hair hung loose around her shoulders. She ran her fingers through her hair as she walked closer to me. As soon as she was close enough I put my arms around her waist, pulling her closer. Her arms went around my neck as she burried her face in the crook of my neck.

"Good morning, Storm. Sleep well?" I asked and felt her head nod against my shoulder. I chuckled as I let go of her slowly.

I handed her a cup and she took a small sip. "Thank you."

We both took our coffee and went to the belchony outside. We sat there in the early morning sun as it started to rise.

I looked over to Alexandra and spoke sarcastically, "So what's the plan for today? I was thinking in the lines of world domination."

"The only thing I'm dominating today is a heaping amount of paperwork. I have to organise the next alpha meeting to discuss the vampire problem," she said with a sigh.

"Okay, how about I go out to town while you're busy, give you some time to do your work. Then I'll come and take you out for lunch," I offered and she smiled.

"Sounds good," she answered. She got up and before she left, she kissed my cheek.

ΔΔΔ

I left the house after saying 'goodbye' to Alexandra. She was surrounded by stacks of paper and she already seemed stressed, her eyes tired. I had made her another cup of coffee after I showered and got dress.

I gave a kiss and left. I had taken her Land Rover's keys and decided to go visit Lisa, for old time sake. The house shrinked in my rear view mirror as I drove away. Houses passed by my window, people waved at me as I went by.

Lisa's home came into view, I could see her sit on the porch reading a book. When I parked the car she looked up with a smile. I strode towards her, up the steps and gave her tight hug and and a kiss on the cheek.

"What are you doing here?" she asked after letting go of me. I shrugged.

"Can't I just visit you because I miss you? Or is that against the rules too?" I joked and she playfully slapped my arm.

"How is Alex doing?" she asked motioning for me to sit in one of the other chairs.

I sighed, "She's doing fine, we spoke for the first time in a few days yesterday. She shrunk back a bit after the funeral, we only passed each other in the hallways. But we're going back to normal."

She nodded in understanding, "I know that behaviour. I've seen it many times before and I'm assuming you gave her the space she needed."

"Yeah, yesterday afternoon she came to me. She apologies then I met her wolf, she met mine then things kinda took a turn in another direction," I explained and a knowing smile appeared on her face.