Chapter 11 - Mercy

*Alexandra*

"Posture upright and keep your form! I've taught you all of that. Why should I have to repeat myself twice?" I call to the warriors I was teaching. They all know how I feel about repeating myself, yet they don't listen and that means punishment.

"Stop!" they all stopped with what they were doing and looked towards me, some with fear and some with regret.

"Seeing as you aren't listening to my direct orders, we're going to do something different. I've decided you all are going to battle the trained warriors," I heard gasps from the people who were watching and those in training reeked of fear even though they weren't showing any.

Then I continued," Now, they'll be approximately your size in the weight, height and gender category."

The trained warriors came walking toward us and made their way towards the trainee that fits their size the most. The male trainees with the bigger warriors weren't as confident as before and the females looked nervous ,but kept up a wall which didn't let their real feelings slip.

"These warriors have been instructed not to do the following: They are not allowed to shift, use their wolf's strength against you, break your neck or kill you," I heard a few sighs of relief and chuckles from the trained warriors because they knew they would win either way.

"But that doesn't mean you're going to leave here with no scratch at all."

I heard someone from the crowd ask what I meant by that and I replied," That means there may be few dislocated features, broken bones and maby a little blood."

Then I assured everyone that if something goes wrong we have a medic. Then I see Avery at the front of the crowd, she looked quite stressed because her hair wasn't tied, there was dark circles under her eyes and she was fiddling with necklace, something she did when she was thinking really hard or when she was stressed.

She looked in my direction and gave me a small smile which I would've missed if I wasn't looking closely. I return it and turned my attention back to the warriors. I gave the order and the started sparring.

After five minutes of straight punching, kicking and judo-flips every once and a while, I saw one of my female trainees. Her movements were slowing down, her breathing was heavy and she wasn't focussing anymore. I walk toward her, I was a few feet away from her when she collapsed, but the other female catches her before she hits the ground.

I jog towards her with the medic on my heels, just a couple of steps behind. I helped to lay her down straight by holding her neck and shoulders then the medic came and sat on his knees while starting to tend to her.

After fifteen minutes she regained consciousness and the medic asked her questions. She responded and he said that she'll have to be taken to the hospital in case something happens again so I had Raymond take her.

When they were out of sight I turned to see the whole pack looking at me with shock and anger in their eyes.

"Continue," but none did,so I repeated myself, but with anger in my tone. "I said continue!"

One stepped forward, few gasps were heard from the crowd. The trainee pulled his shoulders back and lifted his head to make him seem confident.  He took a deep breath before he spoke bracing himself for what might happen after.

"No, Alpha."

I felt the anger rise inside my body, no one ever dares defy my direct orders, that results in imprisonment or death and the second one seemed quite appealing.

"Excuse me? Are you defying my direct order? Or was there something else you'd like to say before I have your tongue?" I asked my voice harsh making him flinch, but he stood his ground.

"Yes, Alpha, I have one question you can choose to answer or you can kill me." I stayed silent, my curiosity getting the best of me.

He then asked the question which struck quite deep," Why don't you have... mercy?"

Then I finally snapped.

"Mercy? Mercy! Who dare you ask me  about mercy? You don't know anything about fucking mercy, you ungrateful, unloyal, disappointing, piece of shit! You should consider it mercy that you're still fucking breathing. Many of our people didn't get mercy when we were attacked, that included men, women and children. No one just gets mercy for free, it's earned through sacrifice."

As I finished there came a silence over the pack members, no one asked a question nor did anyone speak to each other.

I suspended the trainee permanently and dismissed everyone. The trainees left with hanging shoulders probably feeling guilty and the rest of the pack went on with their daily tasks.

For the rest of the day everyone stared at me as I walked by, with fear in their eyes. It was nothing new to me, I was use to it by know seeing as I'm feared all over the country, I'd usually growl at them as I walk by and they'll go on with their own things. It kind of felt nice having this much power and control, but other times it meant complete loneliness because no one would talk to you.

You could even say my status and rank had no mercy on me. Yes, I had Avery, but she also can only help to a certain extent.

Then I remembered Matthew, how could he ever accept me? The person, who imprisoned and totured him to such an extent that I thought he might not live to see the next day.

But still what he said to me...

I would wait a lifetime.

It stuck by me for that whole night, it drove me to bail him out and let him live with a person I considered to be family. It drove me to trust him. It drove me to something that I thought I'd never  again think of...

Mercy.

♤♤♤

Hello guys, I hope you enjoy the chapter.

Announcement: I have a Wattpad aesthetic account on Instagram. I do book character aesthetics and if you'd like your book featured please DM me at wattpad._.aesthetics and I'll be glad to do so for you.

Anyways, if you liked the chapter please vote and comment.

Love you guys
Thea♡