Chapter 15 - Call me

***Please note if Alexandra is calling someone, only the other person's name would be written in bold and would be set in front of dialogue. And please read the Author's Note at the end. (Sorry, you may continue)***

*Alexandra*

I left the kitchen at took my phone out of my pocket. I was standing in the living room as I dialed Conrad's number. It rang a few times before he finally picked up.

"Hello?" he said sounding tired. Clearly he was asleep and I had woken him up.

"Hello,Conrad."

Conrad: "Alexandra, what happened? Is something wrong?"

"No, but I have a favour to ask you."

Conrad: "Yeah, of course. What is it?"

"Could you go to my house and look after Avery? I'm not there at the moment and I don't want to leave her alone," I ask him and wait for his reply.

Conrad: "Sure, I'll get dressed and then I'm on my way. Does she know I'm coming?

"Yes, she does, Lisa is calling her right now so she must already know," I answer his question.

Conrad: "Alright, then I'll be on my way. And don't worry, I'll keep her safe."

"Thank you, Conrad. I know you will," I thank him and hang up and put my phone back in my pocket.

I make my way back to the kitchen and find Matthew still sitting there so I took a seat next to him. He gives me a small smile and I return it. I was about to tell him something when I  was interrupted by Lisa, who had just finished talking to Avery on the phone.

"I could swear she gets her stubborn attitude from you. When I told her that Conrad was coming she went on about how she could protect herself, but I told her there was no room for discussion and she gave in," Lisa said pointing at me in a joking manner.

I shrug my shoulders," I can't help she took after me, it's her own choice acting that way. Or I just set an amazing example for her and she followed in my footsteps."

"Amazing example? Are you sure about that? I can still remember when you and your brothers were little. You three were the most stubborn children I had ever known," she said with a chuckle and I gave a small laugh.

"Levi and Elijah had a huge influence on me when we were younger. It was us against the world, we never left each other's sides. Now look at us, not even seeing each other anymore," I said remembering all the things we did together.

Matthew then asked me,"Why don't you see them anymore? Did something happen between you?"

I didn't answer to which he said," You don't have to answer if you don't want to. It's none of my business anyway."

"No, it's not that serious. My eldest brother, Levi, left when he was eighteen. He left right after he met his mate and they live in her pack. My second oldest brother, Elijah, he too left at eighteen to travel the world. Just a few months before the attack on the pack. Last I heard of him, he had started a company in Italy," I explained to him.

"Did they come back to help fight? Weren't one of them supposed to become alpha?" Matthew asked.

"I don't blame them, we didn't tell them about the attack. We waited at least a month before letting them know. By that time I was sixteen and the alpha title was given to me," I tell him and he didn't ask anything which was a relief.

I wasn't ready to tell him everything yet. Because there's a time for everything and now wasn't that time.

"Anyway, it's late and you two need some sleep. You must be exhausted, Alexandra, you can sleep in your own room and Matthew, you know where you'll be sleeping. See you two in the morning, goodnight," Lisa said changing the subject.