Chapter 7 - Transition

*Matthew*

I didn't get much sleep last night after the fight and the talk with Alexandra. I couldn't figure out what I needed to be ready for at first I assumed I was going to be punished for last night, but her reaction to my speech told me differently.

"Are you okay, Matthew?" I was snapped out of my thoughts when Marina spoke to me.

"I'm fine," I said then she responded, " Okay, I felt pain in my chest and that's usually a sign that your alpha, beta, delta or gamma is feeling a very strong emotion. So I was just concerned."

Her response angered me so I said,"Why do you care? You betrayed me and lied to your own beta for freedom. Why care now?"

She didn't say anything so I assumed she was claiming herself again and I was to angry to apologise. Then a feeling of calm washed over me when I smelled the sweet scent of honey and lavender.

Alexandra walked into the cell, she didn't look as organized as usual. Her hair wasn't in its usual braid, her eyes blue eyes weren't bright and fierce but tired and a darker shade. Her knuckles were red and bloody and there was a cut on her cheek.

I spoke but she cut me off,"Alexa--"

"Put these cuffs on and walk behind me, don't say or do anything just follow me otherwise they'll know I'm taking you." She threw me a pair of cuffs and I put them on and followed her out the cell.

We walked the same way they took me when the whipped me outside. We made it to the front and Alexandra spoke to the guards and while she did someone came from behind and kicked the back of my leg making me fall to my knees.

"Alpha, where are you taking this mutt? He should stay here until his trial, shouldn't he?" he said and I heard Alexandra growl and say.

"It's none of your business where I take him, so I suggest you shut your mouth and get back to work before I have your tongue for questioning my actions." That made him back off and walk the other way.

I got up and Alexandra pulled me out the prison and after walking away we came to a stop and she removed the cuffs. I rubbed my wrists and we walked further.

Then I asked," Where are you taking me?" She didn't look at me but she answered.

"Somewhere to stay while you wait for your trial. They already agreed so I won't have to convince them, but if you hurt them in anyway, I swear to the Moon goddess you'll pay," I nodded my head making it clear I understood what she meant.

"So,it must hard being a female alpha in these times," I said trying to make some small talk to get her talking.

"Actually, yes, they don't take me or the other female alphas," she responded.

"How many female alphas are there," I asked,happy that she wasn't giving me one word answers. She kept looking in front of us but she answered," Including me we are five, me being the first female to get the title of queen."

"Why--," I started to ask another question but she cut me off again.

"Can you stop asking questions, you don't need to know everything. Don't make me change my mind and take you back to your cell," she said with a stern voice and I knew I had to shut up because she wasn't joking.

We walked over the dew covered grass in silence. After fifteen minutes we make it to a house, we walked along the path to the front porch and to the front door.

We were about to walk in but Alexandra caught my arm and said," It would be better if you waited out here before going in. She might freak out,I didn't exactly tell her when you'll come so, please, just wait here."

I nodded and she went in leaving me on the porch. Octavian urged me to listen to the conversation but I resisted not wanting to invade their privacy. After ten minutes of waiting I got impatient but Alexandra came back through the door before I could go in.

"You can come in now," I followed her inside. We walked down a hallway with lots of pictures with a family smiling at us. There were a few pictures of a woman with five little boys on the floor and one girl sitting on her lap,laughing and smiling at each other.

We walked into a living room, there were two sofas and a table, a TV sat on a cabinet and there was a sliding glass door.At the door stood a woman, she turned around when we entered. She had shoulder length hair with gray strands running through it. She wore a warm smile and her light green eyes were soft.

"Matthew, this is Lisa Nightshade, you'll be staying here with her until your trial. Lisa,this is Matthew Hunter," Alexandra introduced us to each other, I went to take her hand and she took mine and we shook hands.

"It's nice meeting you,Matthew," Lisa said and I replied,"Likewise."

Then Alexandra asked,"When did Avery say she'll be coming again?"

"Today actually,why?" Lisa responded and Alexandra cursed but Lisa gave her a stern look.

"She can't see Matthew yet, no one can,not until the trial,anyway. The only people who know about him is me, you, Conrad, Raymond and the guards. He'll have to hide when she comes and if she questions you about the smell tell her it was me, I left my clothes with the rogue scent here after I took a shower. Please, Lisa I can't let her know about him, you know how she feels about rogues," Alexandra explained to Lisa and Lisa agreed.

Just then Alexandra left and we were alone, she smiled and said," Let's get you cleaned up and then I'll give you some breakfast to eat, you must be starving."

She led me to a bathroom and then she went to get me something to wear and a towel. She came back and gave me what she had brought and closed the door before leaving. I turned the shower on,stripped off all my old clothes and got in. The water felt great on my skin after this long, I washed my body making sure to get all the dirt and blood off then I washed my hair.

After a good twenty minutes I finally get out and dried myself with the towel. I put on the clothes Lisa gave me which consisted of a pair of black jeans, a white T-shirt and of course a pair of underwear. I walked out the bathroom and made my way to the kitchen where Lisa was preparing food.

"I left you a pair of shoes in the living room if you'd like to put them on, the food will be done in a minute," she said and I walked to the living room where I found a pair of black sneakers and a pair of socks. After I put them on I went back to the kitchen.

Lisa had prepare quite the meal which was ,eggs, bacon, blueberry pancakes, fruit and coffee. I stared at it then Lisa said,"Well? Dig in, I didn't make it just so you can stare at it."

I filled my plate and started eating then Lisa sat down across from me with her cup of coffee. We sat like this until we heard a knock on the door, we looked at each other, Lisa got up and went to check. She came back and made clear what I had to do,

"Hide."

♤♤♤

Hey guys hope you liked this chapter, it's much better than the last one (I think)

Character: Next on our list of character is Raymond Heart, it was quite hard finding someone but I think I made a good choice...

Alex Pettyfer

Anyway, if you liked the chapter please vote, comment and share.

Love you guys♡
Thea