Chapter 26 - Shopping Spree

"The mass believes that it has the right to impose and to give force of law to notions born in the cafe."

*Alexandra*

Matthew and I were on our way to town for the day to buy our outfits for the ceremony. It was four days away and all the packs had accepted the invations and were coming.

This made me more anxious because more people meant higher expectations for this ceremony.

Matthew must've noticed my behaviour because he said, "Everything will turn out perfectly, you did everything in your power and  that's good enough. Besides you are the queen, if they want to complain they're signing their own death warrants."

This made me chuckle, instantly making me relax. Matthew's way with words was truly incredible, to say the least.

We pulled up to a shop which held formal clothing, we got out of the car and went inside. Two girls working in the shop took us to different parts of the shop. Matthew to the suites and me to the dresses.

The girl handed me a few things to try on and I met Matthew back at the dressing rooms. We chose our different rooms and went inside.

After trying four different dresses and not liking one I was getting frustrated and hearing the loud sigh from Matthew's side, I could tell his luck was as bad as mine.

I put on the fifth dress and was surprised, I actually liked the dress. It was a navy gown with lace patterns.

It had long lace sleeves, which I liked. It had a ribbon which tied around my waist. The top was tight around my chest and from the waist down it was made out of navy satin covered with chiffon.

The top was decorated with black crystals and at the back the was a small opening exposing my back.

As I looked at myself in the mirror I heard Matthew call my name and I stepped out of the room.

His eyes widened as he saw me and a smile appeared on his lips as he said, "You look beautiful."

I looked at his outfit, he was wearing a navy suite with a black collar. Beneath it was a crisp white button-up shirt and around his neck was a black bow tie.

I walked over to him and straightened his collar and in the process I pulled him down and gave him a kiss. After pulling away I said softly,"You don't look to bad yourself."

Then I heard people whispering behind us, I turned around to see the two girls, who helped us, giggling and saying something along the lines of us being a cute couple.

When they saw me looking at them their eyes widened and they turned around and walked in the direction of the dress racks.

Both Matthew and I chuckled as we watched them walk away, probably embarrassed.

We changed back into the clothes we came in and took our outfits to the checkout point, I payed for them and we were out of the shop.

We walked down the street lined with small shops and cafes. We passed pack members and they bowed their heads, like they always did.

As we were walking I saw my favourite cafe at a street corner and I grabbed Matthew's wrist, "Can we go to that cafe? It's my favourite one and I promise you'll like it too."

"You're the one leading me so I can't refuse," he said with a smile and so I pulled him across the cobblestone street towards the little cafe.

When we stood outside a young women came out and greeted us, "Goodmorning, Alpha, the usual spot?"