A Killer's Promise Pt3

"I want everyone on it!!" Chief Namjoon ordered as he walked around the station "We have a new lead on V and we need everyone on it!!"

"But sir we have other cases--" Hoseok started

Namjoon cut him off "I don't care, V has killed over 200 civilians. He is much more important than robberies and street fights"

Hoseok nodded "True, I'll get as much of the force as we can, but you know not everyone can help with this case right?"

"Yes I know. Just get as many cops as possible, keep at least 6 at the station to deal with calls and other things, then the rest need to go and interrogate the victims families" Namjoon ordered and then walked into Jungkook's office "We need to find out just who the victims talked to before they died, this will lead us to our killer"

Hoseok nodded and ran off to  send out the orders to other cops. Namjoon closed the door and looked at Jungkook sleeping in his chair. The poor guy had barely slept in days and Namjoon was being forced to wake him up and make him work.

"Kookie" He said and shook the younger

Jungkook groaned "Hyung..."

"Come on Kookie" Namjoon smiled "You have work to do today, you and Yoongi need to go and interrogate a shit ton of families"

Jungkook opened his eyes and yawned "Yeah, yeah" He said in a bored tone

"Why so bland today? I thought you'd be excited to finally catch V" Namjoon said

"Yes well..." Jungkook paused "I worry that I could be wrong"

Namjoon sighed "That's always a possibility Jeon, but this is the best lead we have"

Jungkook nodded "Whatever, I'm just gonna go. Talk to you later, Joon"

Jungkook grabbed his phone and left his office. He yawned again as he left the building to meet Yoongi at his car. The blond cop was already sitting in the driver's set by the time Jungkook got to the car. The younger boy got into the car and nodded top Yoongi who started the car. The pair drove in silence to their first assigned house.

Strangely enough, they had to deal with the most recent victim. Jungkook could only imagine how the girls parents would feel when the cops showed up at their door and told them that their daughter was dead. Killed by V.

Their car soon came to a stop in front of the first house and Jungkook sighed. Yoongi got out of the car and Jungkook soon followed, rubbing the sleepiness from his eyes. The older cop slung an arm over Jungkook's shoulder and led the way to the door.

Yoongi knocked on the door and yelled "This is the police, we have some questions to ask you"

Footsteps came their way almost immediately, and the door open to reveal a boy who looked to be in his mid twenties. He had broad shoulder's and tan skin. His eyes were dark brown, and he had silver hair. The thing that really got Jungkook attention though, was the cut on the boy's lower lip. It looked fresh, and it looked as though it was just starting to scar.

"I'm so glad someone finally came!! My sister didn't come home last night, and I'm worried" The boy said, his deep voice sounded familiar to Jungkook

Jungkook narrowed his eyes, ready to speak but his elder beat him to it "May we come in?" Yoongi asked

The boy nodded and opened the door wider, allowing enough space for the two cops to come inside. He led them to the living room, where he allowed them to sit on the couch.

"Alright so, what do you want to ask?" The boy asked

"Lets start with your name, and your sisters name please" Jungkook said, taking out a notepad