(Ace x Reader) A Dance to Remember PT.1

You were of Hispanic origin. You loved to dance from time to time, but you are shy to dance in front of others. You tapped your fingers to the beat of the song. You were on the Moby Dick's deck. The crew decided to throw a party to celebrate Ace's position as 2nd division commander. Lights decorated to illuminate the ship. Music filling the night sky as they sailed. You stood to the side watching everyone sing, eat and enjoy each other's company while doing manly games of brute strength. You took a sip of your drink and leaned against the rail of the ship staring at the moon. It's light and the reflection on the water was simply gorgeous.

After awhile, you begin to hum and move your feet to the rhythm of the song. Your hips swayed as you hum to the song. Eyes closed. What you did not notice was the slowly approaching form of certain freckled man. He stops in his tracks and tilts his head quizzically. He smirks seeing your body sway to the beat. His eyes watched your swaying form until they land on your voluptuous bottom. He shakes his head breaking out of his perverted thoughts before taking a space beside you to lean on.

"So this is why you're over here alone." You yelp, stiffening from the small fright he gave you. This earned you a chuckle from the brute. Your face went straight to red in a second.

"A-Ace!" You stutter. "You scared me. Don't sneak up on me like that jerk." You huff and turn away pouting with embarrassment. Ace laughs amused by your reddened face. He thought it was cute. His grin grows wide.

"Sorry. I couldn't help myself. You seemed to be having fun so I didn't want to disturb you yet." You cross your arms pouting and looking at the sea. "Why are you out here all alone? Come on and celebrate with us!" You shake your head no and from the corner of your eye you see Ace's smile fade into a frown. "What? Why not?" You sigh and blush lightly.

"Because if I do, I'll want to dance and I don't really like to dance in front of people. It's embarrassing. Especially in front of you guys." Ace hums in thought then turns around seeing almost everyone away from the dancefloor onto the other side of the deck. The music still playing alone. He grins and turns to you holding his hand out for you to take.

"Well it seems no one is around now. Would you like to dance with me?" You became scared and bite your lip debating. You were going to dance with someone you had a crush on and it made you nervous. Could you do it? "Come on! Do it for me (y/n). It is my special day." You chuckled giving in to his cheesy point. You take his hand as he leads you to the dance floor, you notice his warmth.

'It's probably just his devil fruit.' You thought. Ace turns to you and holds both your hands. He looks down at you with a smile as if waiting for you to make the first move. However this was not the actual problem. You drop a sweat.

"Um...Ace? Do you even know how to dance?" You notice his expression turn into embarrassment. He scratches his cheek looking away timidly.

"Um...well...no not exactly. I haven't a clue." He laughs to shake off his nerves. "But I know you can teach me!" You sigh. This was going to take awhile. A song starts to play. One of your favorite ones called, "Si Una Vez". The beat was perfect. Your smile widen as you gain an idea. You continue to hold his hand and tell him to follow your step. He watches and follows as you direct him the right way taking a step in then back then doing the same with the opposite foot then switch foot repeating the same process. Eventually he caught on quickly to the point he gave you a spin. You chuckled starting to enjoy yourself. "You're a fast learner." You teased. Ace smirks and pulls your body close. You gasp taken aback by his sudden action. Both of your faces at close proximity, yet not close enough for a kiss.

"Yeah, well I also learned a new trick I want to try." His right leg rested in between your legs to have both of your bodies get closer. An arm is wrapped around your waist while the other held your hand. You knew this position. It was a very close, dancing position from your race. It was called, "Norteña". You loved this position and the dance. It was very enjoyable, but you loved the most about it was the closeness between your loving partner. Ace being this close to you made your body heat up.

"Whoa." You sigh. "Where did you learn this position?" Ace grins and starts to move you to beat of the song . Your hips sway against his body as you stare into his eyes with a loving look. He seemed to return the look.

"I may have asked Marco what your favorite dance position was and so I wanted to learn it and try it out with you." You blush.

"You learned how to dance this way for me?" He blushes slightly embarrassed and nods. You stare at his face as it is filled with determination. You didn't know it, but so were yours. You use your other hand to pull him down for a kiss. Your lips centimeters away. Your fear all gone and all you could do was kiss him. "Ace. Mi amor." He shivers at the sound of your voice. He knew what that meant also and he loved it. Both of your lips clash with such fever until you pull away to take a breather.

Ace nuzzles you. "I guess I'll take that as a I won you then?" You snort then laugh at him blushing.

"Yeah you got the girl." Ace smiles and picks you up bridle style. You yelp with surprise and hold onto him tight.

"Good. Por que te amo (Y/n)." Ace whispers placing his head against yours.

"I love you too commander Ace." You smirk and kiss him once more. What an interesting night to celebrate.

*Por que te amo= Because I love you

*Mi amor= My love