Homecoming (Goth Marco x Reader)

(A/N): Happy late Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you had a great day. I was planning on posting this yesterday to celebrate Thanksgiving, but I couldn't finish with family and my room was taken over by my aunt. Anyway, this is indeed an AU of my book Fixation and there will be a lot of Goth Marco one-shots. I am thinking of making a separate book of Goth Marco one-shots with various scenarios. What do you think?

Note: This is all based on the 90's so there are no phones it's all old school. I hope you enjoy~ Collaboration with the lovely lyndsyh as Marco. This was fun as hell to write with

"Oh my gosh! Bradly is taking me to his homecoming on Friday. He said I'm his motivation to win." The group of girls squeals with excitement as you switch textbooks from your locker. Eavesdropping is not a hobby, but the topic of 'homecoming' piques your interest. A boy asking a girl out over an occasion? Is it open to the public, can you ask your boyfriend, what are the requirements and what exactly is it?

Unconsciously, you trail behind for more information. "Are you gonna wear something pretty?" One asked. "Is he going to take you anywhere after the game?" Another added. 'Game?' Is a throwback as to what the slang term could be or is it literal? The pause of contemplation distracts you from acquiring any more data. You click your tongue in disappointment as the girls step out of sight.

"Damn." You huffed turning for the regular route until you meet up with your Gothic love. He takes notice of your silence as you also failed to greet him with a simple 'hello' and a kiss instead, resuming with his cigarette.

It was only early October and Marco was ready for the school year to be over with, or at least this week. The entire school was buzzing about the big homecoming game on Friday night against their rival school Canyon Lake High, including his sister. More annoying than the football game was the dance taking place after. His class was in charge of getting things ready with a cliché 'under the sea' theme and worse, it was mandatory. At least after decorating the gym with Christmas lights and cheap paper ornaments he could go home.

After a quick treasury, meeting to discuss the budget for décor and refreshments he made his way to your usual meeting place, lighting up a cigarette as he waited. He finished his smoke watching your brows pinch in thought. It was cute the way you pouted as you contemplated, and it allowed him a few moments to admire you without being interrupted. Your lack of acknowledgment, however, cut his admiring short. "Something wrong - yoi?" He ran his hand through his black locks revealing a flash of blonde at his roots, "Did you get into a fight today?"

Blue eyes began to scan your arms and knuckles for any possible injury. His concern has you gushing internally. "I'm fine. I'm just trying to figure out what homecoming is." You lock hands with his and kiss his knuckles. He blushed a little at your treatment and quirked a brow, "Homecoming? It's a football game usually against the rival school and there's a dance after." He tugged you close, "You've never heard of it - yoi?" You shake your head. "My private school doesn't carry such an event. If we are to have competition, it would be with talent like chest, music, spelling-bees, etc." You informed. His painted lips formed an 'o' in understanding as an idea bloomed. As much as he wanted to go home after school, he thought it might be nice to share the event with you. "Um...d-do you want to go? I'm on the committee for the dance so I have tickets to that and the game." Eyes sparkle heating your cheeks when asked for such an occasion. "Wow! Really, it must be exciting? I definitely want to go, baby~" Now it is your turn to squeal, celebrating by clinging onto the goth. Marco chuckled swaying with you as you clung to him. He never thought you'd be so excited to go to a football game and a dance, but your reaction alone already made it worth it for him. "What am I supposed to wear? A dress or casual?"