Fate (Ace x Reader)

(A/N): This is a modern AU and reader and Ace are in high school

High school! A prison for teens where they're categorized by what they have. Jocks, nerds, popular girls etc. You categorized as a loaner. No friends to hang around with since you used to be home schooled until four months ago. You had the chance of a life time to belong in a group but messed that up when you would flee from people due to you being shy. That automatically made you weird and from there into an official loaner. That isn't to say people didn't talk to you. They did they just didn't want to stick around you so much because of the rumors. You blamed no one but yourself and learned that high school is a jungle.

You peer out the window during your last period. Rain pouring heavily outside. There was nothing to do as everyone is focusing on their project while talking amongst each other. You just wanted to go home and finish there. You felt a deep sadness whenever you hear shared laughs from friends as well as casual talking. You've never felt more alone in your life as you sigh in your seat. You doodle on your note pad while looking around seeing various, faces light up. Your eyes land on a yawning, freckled boy sitting in the front of the row. He seemed bored as he stares aimlessly at the clock. Occasionally, someone will speak to him and cause him to smile. He amongst the others wore the most beautiful smile you ever laid eyes on. Even his laugh was uplifting. You unconsciously stare at him for the longest, in a smitten pose. Head slightly tilted resting on your propped hand and half lidded eyes with a small smile.

"Freckles?" The boy next to you pipes up. You jump, startled by his entrance. "He's way out of your league." The nerd boy snorted. He was one of the boys that would speak to you having nothing to do. You blush befuddled.

"Wh-what? What are you talking about? I don't like him." You stuttered. The boy raises a brow in disbelief.

"Right! I guess that long stare must have just been nothing then hmm?" You lower your gaze fiddling with your pencil.

"What does it matter Lance? I was just zoning off and looking at nothing in particular." You lied.

"You sighed like a love sick puppy." Lance retorts. Now you were caught. You sigh heavily.

"He just has a nice smile that's all. Really I wasn't even thinking about talking to him. I know he's out of my league."

"Yeah, not only that but the girls are low key in love with him. He's like the badass of this school and the loaner at the same time."

"He's a loaner?" You tilt your head curiously.

"Yeah. He has a bad reputation since middle school. He used to beat the crap out of anyone who gets in his way. He beat his bullies and became one. So they say he has a temper once he starts a fight he can easily kill them without mercy, but I haven't seen him rough someone up, so who knows if it's a myth? Some just stay away from him. I know we do. We're the nerds he's the bully we're most likely going to get picked on." You turn to the freckled lad still resuming to speak with his neighbor. His Ruby eyes turn to you. So intimidating the way he locked eyes with you. You immediately avert your gaze and peer out the window. A small blush grew on your cheeks, but what made you afraid were the ridiculous stories Lance mentioned about the male. You shouldn't be afraid but after that contact it made you wonder if they were true.

After school, you went to your locker to retrieve your books for homework. Just as you step out, you find yourself stranded in front of entrance under the roof as rain came pouring down. You sulk as you realize you had to walk under all this rain. Lucky for you, you had brought an umbrella after reading the forecast before school. Some kid bumps into you causing your text book and notepad to drop. They laughed as they wandered away. You glare at the two brutes and sigh having to pick up the mess. You pick up your text book first and whatever papers were flying out of it. You freeze as someone lifts your notebook full of doodles. Your art was amazing to the eyes of the non-artists. You were given a few praises as people passed by while you draw. Slowly you follow the helping hand that is, "Freckles". You nonchalantly helps gather your belongings. His eyes widen when he sees a drawing of him asleep and another of him smiling from the side. You clear your throat hoping he didn't actually see himself in your notebook. He shakes his head handing your pad over to you.