(Sabo x Chubby! Reader) Perfection PT. 2

It's been a year since you and Sabo have been dating. You have never been happier. You were radiant on just about everything. Not even the threats or disgusted faces of anybody could destroy your mood knowing Sabo loved you. Not once did he discriminate against your bad habits like how you love food. So did your boyfriend and he ate larger portions than you. You didn't eat that much unless you we're actually hungry. You were a bit jealous at times that he could eat so much and still be slim. You supposed, because he was constantly going on missions and always on the battlefield, that he keeps his normal weight. In a way he motivated you to do the same. You tried doing combat for him. To learn to fight and protect him one day if that time ever came. You wanted to tell Sabo about this idea, but he would tell you no and to remain his favorite, squishy marshmallow. Should you be offended by the nick name? Probably, but you knew the idiot meant it in a loving way.

Here you are several days of training by yourself. Hack taught you new techniques in secret whenever you two got the chance. You told Hack it was a secret to which he obliged. Sabo was currently on a mission with Koala. It's been a month since his departure. You figured he would be back in three more weeks, so you sent your time training and doing your job as Dragon's assistant.

Those same three weeks pass, you were training all day outside not realizing Sabo's return. You wipe your sweat away with a towel before heading inside H.Q. You notice people wore directions expressions. You wondered what the problem was. You make your way catching some people talking about Ace's death. The next one stops you completely as your heart drops for a moment. The words being, "The commander in chief has suddenly fallen ill after reading the article." You rush to his room as fast as you can. You storm in and gasp finding Sabo in bed breathing heavy with a flushed face. Beads of sweat filling his sweet face. You begin to panic as probabilities of your lover's condition spin. Koala and Hack catch your alarmed expression. They all felt the same as you, yet knew you probably are the one hurting most. You make your way to Sabo's fragile side. Your eyes shift to Koala and Hack for an answer. In return their eyes held pity mixed with sadness.

"What happened? Is he okay?" You turn back to Sabo stroking his hair seeing the man sweat more. Tears instantly stream down your face.

"Calm down (y/n). He's fine he just has a high fever. He's taken care of. All we can do is wait." Koala walks over to your side rubbing your back to comfort you as always.

"Sabo..." Is all you could whisper. Your eyes still glued onto his form. You take a seat and manage to relax.

It took awhile but Koala managed to tell you what happened. You he'll tea in your hands to relax you even more. You stare at the reflection contemplating. "So he suddenly broke out into tears after reading the article of Ace's death?" Koala nods. You grip the mug tighter. "I wonder if there is a connection. Maybe...his memories are coming back to him?" Hack and Koala share a look then shrug.

"It is possible." The fish man says. You sigh not sure what to think. Just learning that he's fine now is a relief. You still could not shake how he scare the hell out of you. There was nothing to do but wait.