Victory

I whooped with delight as you threw the burning stick into the fire. Everyone was laughing, smiling and letting loose, a sight I always loved to see. A rare sight that only ever happened at a Greenie celebration. Gally was fighting another Glader, Frypan was cooking and all the other Gladers were just chatting. I sat down on a log, thinking quietly to myself.
"Mind if I join you, Y/N?" a familiar British voice came from behind.
I turned and smiled at him. "Sure"
He stepped over the log and sat on the edge, looking at me. He continued watching me until I turned to him.
"Why are you staring at me?" I queried with a laugh,"It's weird"
"Because you're beautiful," he stated with a smirk, "And I enjoy looking at beautiful people" (TFIOS anyone ?)
I blushed and shook my head. "You're unbelieveable..."
I was suddenly cut off by Gally shouting my name, asking me to fight him. I rolled my eyes, shrugged apologetically at Newt, then walked over to him.
"Y/N, you shuckface!" Minho protested, "Your shoulder!"
"I'm fine, Min!" I grinned, "Just you watch!"
I suddenly started to sway, not being able to keep my balance. Gally moved towards me to see if I were okay and I grinned devilishly, before kneeing him in the stomach and knocking him to the ground. The watching Gladers cheered and applauded with excitement as Gally got back up and punched me square in the face. As blood spurted from my nose, I ran at him, jumping on him and pushing him out of the circle. I smirked and got off him, punching the air and looking around at my friends. Minho was clapping loudly and grinning, whereas Newt was watching me with concern. I looked back at Gally and helped him up, hugging him when he was back on his feet.
"Your nose" he frowned, touching the tip of it gently, "It's broken..."
"I'm fine" I promised, "And anyways, I win!!!"
He shook his head at I and put his arm around me, leading me over to the Medjacks who quickly cleaned my nose and let me back in on the fun.
"Good job, Y/N!" Minho congratulated, lifting me off the ground and hugging me.
As he put me back down, Newt approached and Minho went to speak to Gally. I started fidgeting with my hands, nervous of what he might say, and he took them in his own. Saying nothing, he stroked my cheek with his fingertips and gazed into my eyes.
"I'm so proud of you, Y/N" he said finally, "Not many people can beat Gally in a fight."
"I had a lot of anger stored up..." I joked, with a nervous smile, "It was kind of helpful actually."
"For you, maybe!" he breathed, "It was bloody terrifying for me. I didn't know what was going to happen!"
"Were you worried about me?" I asked, smirking.
He pulled his hands from mine. "Really, Y/N? Even after I confess my feelings, you still question me?"
"Newt, I was kidding!" I frowned
"No, Y/N!" he snapped, "Just... don't talk to me."
He turned and walked away from me, running a hand through his blonde hair and shaking his head. I facepalmed and groaned, before saying goodnight to my friends and heading off to bed