Dead

Third Person Point Of View

The remaining Gladers huffed and puffed as they walked into the room. They gaped in shock as they saw all the technology before them.
"What is this place?" Minho asked, his eyes wide in wonder.
Everyone spread out and started scanning the room. Thomas reached out and pressed a button, which caused an unknown woman to pop up on the screen. Everyone turned to it, listening carefully.
"Hello, my name is Doctor Ava Paige" the woman said, "I'm Director of Operations of the World Catastrophe Killzone Department. If you're watching this, that means you've successfully completed the Maze Trials. I wish I could be there in person to congratulate you... but circumstances seem to have prevented it. I'm sure by now, you must all be very confused, angry, frightened. I can only assure you that everything that's happened to you, everything we've done to you, it was all done for a reason. You won't remember, but the sun has scorched our world. Billions of lives lost to fire, famine, suffering on a global scale. The fallout was unimaginable. What came after was worse. We called it the Flare, a deadly virus that attacks the brain. It is violent, unpredictable... incurable - or so we thought. In time, a new generation emerged that could survive the virus. Suddenly, there was a reason to hope for a cure, but finding it would not be easy. The young would have to be tested, even sacrificed, inside harsh environments, where their brain activity could be studied, all in an effort to understand what makes them different - what makes you different. You may not realize it, but you're very important. Unfortunately, your trials have only just begun. As you'll no doubt soon discover, not everyone agrees with our methods. Progress is slow, people are scared. It may be too late for us... for me... but not for you. The outside world awaits. Remember: Wicked is good."
Dr Paige lifted a gun to her head and shot herself. Thomas turned to see the woman lying dead on the floor.
"Let's get outta here" Thomas said.
"No!" a voice demanded from behind them, "We can't leave"
Gally.
"Gally!" Y/N exclaimed, "You changed your mind, I knew you would!"
"Y/N stop!" Teresa warned, putting an arm in front of her as a barrier, "He's been stung"
Y/N stared at Gally. He was sweating, his hands were shaking and his eyes were bloodshot and watering. A gun was in his hand.
"Gally" Thomas said, careful as to not antagonise him, "We did, Gally we're out! We're free!"
"Free?" Gally laughed humourlessly, "You think we're free out there? No, no there's no escape from this place."
He lifted the gun up and aimed it at Thomas' head. Y/N grabbed his hand, then Newt's, grasping them both tightly.
"Gally, listen to me" Thomas pleaded, "You're not thinking straight... You're not"
Minho lifted a weapon in his hands slowly.
"Now we can help you" Thomas continued, "Just put down the gun"
"I belong to the Maze" Gally stated.
"Please, Gal just put down the gun!" Y/N begged.
"We all do!" Gally stammered out before shooting the gun.
It all happened so quickly, Chuck jumped into the firing line while Minho threw his weapon. Y/N watched, horrified, as the weapon dug itself into Gally's  body. Chuck collapsed to the floor, clutching his chest. Y/N looked helplessly between her two friends before rushing to Gally; Chuck had everyone else. She soundlessly kneeled down beside her best friend, tears escaping from her eyes as she lifted his head up and rested it on her lap. She stroked his hair, comfortingly as she silently sobbed.
"I'm so sorry" she whispered, "I'll miss you so much"
Y/N rested his head back down before rushing over to Chuck and putting an arm around your brother, rubbing his shoulder soothingly.
"I'm sorry, Tommy" she whispered softly.
She looked down at Chuck's lifeless body, then up at her friends. Newt was covering his mouth with a hand, his eyes tear stained. Teresa looked devastated, as did everybody else. Y/N moved her gaze back to Chuck, until she felt strong and aggressive arms drag her away from her best friends' bodies. She didn't even fight back, her body felt numb all over. She ran with her friends towards a helicopter.
"It's alright" a man said, when they were in the helicopter, "You're safe now"