Remembered

Newt's Point Of View

I watched as Y/N ran to her bedroom, tears blurring my vision. I hated seeing her like this, a girl so beautiful should never be this sad. I started to follow her but a firm grip on my upper arm told me otherwise.
"Give her time to calm down" Minho suggested, with a frown, then released my arm.
I nodded and went to my own bedroom. I'll speak to Y/N tomorrow, I thought to myself. And with that, I slowly fell asleep.

I woke a few hours later when I felt the sheets move. I opened my eyes and saw Y/N in bed beside me, her cheeks red and tearstained. I frowned at her and pulled her into me, running my fingers through her hair comforting her. She hummed against my chest.
"I'm sorry, Newt" she whispered.
"No, Y/N" I said, slightly harshly, "You have nothing to be sorry for. Alright?"
She nodded and started to sob. I just tightened my grip on her. She breathed in, shakily then began to sing...

If I die young bury me in satin
Lay me down on a bed of roses
Sink me in the river at dawn
Send me away with the words of a love song

Lord make me a rainbow, I'll shine down on my mother
She'll know I'm safe with you when
She stands under my colours, oh and
Life ain't always what you think it oughta be, no
Ain't even grey, but she buries her baby
The sharp knife of a short life,
Well, I've had just enough time

If I die young bury me in satin.
Lay me down on a bed of roses
Sink me in the river at dawn
Send me away with the words of a love song

And then she burst into tears, again. I shushed her and stroked the back of her head, but the tears still continued. I could feel every inch of her body shaking as her tears stained my shirt. And every second was agony.
"Shh, baby, shh" I soothed, "Love, it's okay, you're okay. Y/N, I love you so much, please stop crying"
She wiped her eyes and looked up at me, before kissing every inch of my face and burying her own face in the crook of my neck.
"I want a funeral for him" she said shakily.
"I'll talk to Alby" I promised.
"Thank you, Newtie" she breathed, "I love you too"
She uttered that final sentence and fell asleep

(Time Skip to the next morning)
Alby's Point Of View

"Alby!" I heard someone shout from behind me.
I turned to see my second in command, his face red with running.
"What's up, Newt?" I asked.
"Y/N" he panted, "She wants a funeral for Ryan..."
"She wants a what?" I laughed, but straightened my face when I saw his expression.
"I think it might be just what she needs" Zart put forward before continuing his work.
"Alright..." I decided, after a long pause of thinking, "Tomorrow we'll have a funeral for him. But you're doing extra work for a week, shuckface."
My second in command nodded eagerly and ran back to his bedroom, leaving me watching after him with a huge grin on my face.

Your Point Of View

I'd just finished getting dressed when Newt rushed into the room.
"Y/N!" he breathed, "Alby... tomorrow... funeral"
He finished and grinned like a cheshire cat.
"Say that again?" I requested, kindly.
"Alby says we can have the funeral" he repeated.
I said nothing, just jumped into his arms and kissed him happily.