Grievers

Third Person Point Of View

"Y/N!" Newt yelled frantically at his sleeping girlfriend, "Love, wake up!"
"What?" she replied, "What's wrong?"
She sat up and yawned.
"The doors haven't closed" he told her.
Y/N's eyes widened and she stood up and ran out of her Homestead. The whole Glade was in chaos. Everyone was running around frantically, trying to collect weapons or find a way to hide. She spotted Minho leaving the Map Room and ran to him, before grabbing his hand and  pulling him to find somewhere to hide.
"Newt!" Minho shouted, "Get over here!"
Newt scanned the Glade and found Minho and Y/N, stood in the middle of the glade hand in hand, waiting for him. He grinned at their companionship. "Where's Thomas?" Y/N asked loudly.
"Haven't seen him" Newt admitted.
She spun on the spot, searching for him before she saw him coming out of the Deadheads with Teresa.
"TOMMY!" she screamed with all her might.
The Grievers began pouring out of the Maze attacking everything in their wakes. Thomas grabbed Teresa's hand and ran towards the crops, reaching Newt, Minho and Y/N within seconds. Everyone sighed, relieved but that relief was soon replaced by hatred and fear as Zart was grabbed by a Griever. When that happened, Y/N could barely hear anything but her own heartbeat. She could feel Newt shaking her but it was as though she was numb. It didn't affect her in any way. The last thing she saw was everyone leaning over her before she blacked out.

Thomas' Point Of View

I wake up in the pit, with Teresa beside me and Newt, Minho, Y/N and Chuck outside.
"This place... it's not what we thought it was. It's not a prison, it's a test. It all started when we were kids. They'd give us these challenges. They were experimenting on us, and then people started disappearing, every month, one after the other, like clockwork."
Newt's eyes widened in realisation, "They were sending them up into the Maze!"
I nodded, "Yeah but not all of us"
"What do you mean?" Y/N asked curiously.
"You guys, I'm one of them. The people who put you here, I worked with them. I-I watched you guys for years. The entire time you've been here, I... I was on the other side of it."
I look at Teresa, "And so were you"
"What?" she gasped.
"Teresa" I frowned, "We did this to them!"
Her eyes filled with tears, "No. That can't be true!"
"It is" I sniffed, "I saw it"
"But why would they send us up here if we were with them?!" she questioned, angrily.
I shook my head, "It doesn't matter"
"He's right" Newt spoke up, " It doesn't matter... any of it... because the people we were before the maze - they don't even exist anymore. These Creators took care of that. But what does matter is who we are now, and what we do, right now. You went into the maze and you found a way out"
"Yeah, but if I didn't Alby would still be alive" I interrupted.
"Maybe. But I know that if he were here, he would be telling you the exact same thing: 'Pick your ass up and finish what you've started.' Because if we do nothing, then that means Alby died for nothing, and I can't have that."
He looked at Y/N, who smiled sadly at him and intertwined their fingers.
If they both don't make it through this, I thought to myself, Then I don't know what I'll do...

I heard Y/N moan in pain as Gally's followers grabbed us all and dragged us to the Maze doors. I'd given up. Everyone else was fighting back but I just stood there. There wasn't any point anymore. I heard Teresa talking but I zoned out as I knew it wouldn't work. Which is why when she finished, I lashed out at my 'guards'.

"You don't have to come with us, but we are leaving. Anyone else who wants to come, now's your last chance!" I shouted so everyone could hear.
Newt, Minho, Chuck, Frypan, Teresa and Y/N were now stood behind me in the entrance to the maze.
"Don't listen to him" Gally sneered, "He's just trying to scare you, alright?"
"No, I'm not trying to scare you, you're already scared. All right? I'm scared. But I'd rather risk my life out there than spending the rest of it in here. We don't belong here. Hey, this place isn't our home. We were put here. Okay? We were trapped here! At least out there, we've a choice. We can make it outta here. I know that!"
Many people moved from Gally's side to ours.
"Alright" I said, "Let's move"