Rise And Shine

(Time skip... Two years later)
Your Point Of View

"Y/N! Wake up!" I heard Alby yell.
I groaned and sat up, my hair messy and matted all over the place. I looked to my side and saw Newt, fast asleep with his mouth wide open and a soft snore escaping his lips.
"Newt" I whispered, "Wake up"
He grunted, softly, "Five more minutes"
I chuckled and shuffled closer to his ear, whispering, "It's Greenie day"
"Mmhmm, Greenie day" he mumbled, then sat bolt upright, grinning like a Cheshire cat, "It's Greenie day!"
(A/N: At this point I wanted to make newt burst into song like in Frozen but I decided against it :D )
"Yeah" I laughed, "Alby's getting pretty annoyed we'd better get ready"
"I'm so glad we both became trackhoes" he said to me with a yawn.
"Me too" I smiled back.
"Y/N!" a voice I recognised as Chuck's, shouted through the door, "Newt! Alby says you guys had better hurry up or he'll throw you in the pit"
Newt and I shared a look before rolling our eyes and getting out of bed.
"Two minutes Chuck!" Newt responded, "We'll just get dressed and we'll be right out"
He smirked at me and I rolled my eyes, before I headed for a quick shower. When I got out of the shower, I heard the Greenie alarm and quickly changed clothes into my rose tank top and black shorts. I sprinted to the Box and found Gally jumping into it.
"Day one greenie" I heard him say, "Rise and shine"
Then before I knew it, the Greenie landed face first onto the grass. I caught eyes with Newt and rolled my eyes. Why does he have to be so agressive? I thought to yourself. The Greenie looked up and at his surroundings and everyone surrounded him, chattering and staring at him. I could see the sheer look of panic on his face before he stumbled up off the ground and ran. I let out a cheer and folded my arms, watching him run. He could be a runner, I thought to myself, grinning. He continued running until he tripped and faceplanted. Or maybe not... I laughed internally. I laughed out loud but my face straightened as the Greenie was grabbed and thrown into the pit. I sighed and rolled my eyes for the third time before heading off to work.

I was working on the fields with Newt when he decided to take a break. I asked him if he wanted to go and see the Greenie to which he agreed to. I wandered over to Alby and the Greenie.
"Ah Newt" Alby exclaimed, "And Y/N! Greenie, these are my second in commands Newt and Y/N"
"Hi" Newt greeted, shaking his hand.
I just smiled and waved.
"These shanks are in charge when I'm not around" Alby continued.
"Good thing you're always around then" Newt joked, grinning.
"Hey, could you two go and find Chuck for me?" Alby requested.
"Sure" I answered.
"See you around Greenie" Newt said, and we both turned around in search of Chuck.
As we were walking away I turned to Newt. His hand was above his eyes, shading them from the sun. He looked so shucking cute...
"You're staring at me" he noted.
"Yeah..." I answered, awkwardly.
"What's wrong?" he questioned, slipping his hand into mine.
"Nothing" I shrugged, squeezing his hand, "I was just wondering what you think of the new greenbean"
"He's alright I suppose" he said thoughtfully, "Ah look, there's Chucky-boy"
I followed his point and spotted Chuck collecting some pots and pans. I hurried over to him and rested my chin on top of his head. He was like a brother to me even though he'd only been in the Glade a month.
"Chucky, Alby wants you to go and see him" I informed him.
"Okay" he answered cheerily, turning to me, "You know where he is?"
I scanned the glade and pointed to where Alby and the Greenie were standing, "There"
"Okay, thanks" and with that he rushed off to see Alby.
"We'd better get back to work if we want to take part in the greenie celebration" Newt pointed out.
"Yeah, I guess" I sighed.
I walked back to the fields, thinking about the celebration, excitedly.