Planning

The boys had never seen Y/N in such a state. Never had she ever been in such a bad mood with them that a simple apology couldn't fix. But the way Newt was worried them even more. After the two had ended their relationship, it was as if happiness didn't exist for either of them anymore. Y/N knew as soon as she'd spoken the words that she'd made a mistake, but she couldn't just back out of it straight away. She had to respect her own decision and give herself time.

When the group gathered in the planning room, it was impossible for the former couple to be any further away from each other without leaving the room. Y/N was right beside Thomas, studying the map that Vince had supplied, and Newt was on the other side of the room with Frypan, testing one of his new recipes.

"The thing is though..." Y/N said thoughtfully, pointing at a spot on the map, "If we intercept the train here, we'll never be able to tell which carriage Minho's in. And we don't have the supplies to save everyone right now."

"You're right" Thomas agreed, "We could separate the carriages and knock to find out where he is?"

"And then what?" Newt intercepted. "The carriage could be right in the middle of the train; then we're trapped.

Y/N gasped internally. He sounded so different. So tired. He noticed her staring and gave her a small, awkward smile. She couldn't stop herself from blushing as she looked away.

"We could steal a Berg?" Brenda suggested, appearing at the door out of nowhere, "There's no way we're going to be able to intercept a WICKED train without a little trouble. Jorge and I can handle it."

The group all exchanged glances and nodded, triumphantly.

*************************
The Night Before  ******************************

"Right, let's go over the plan" Thomas exclaimed, "Vince and I will tail the train from the start, and climb aboard, stopping the train. When we succeed, I'll whistle, and Newt and Y/N will retreat from their hiding spot and come and help us with separating the carriages. When trouble arrives, Brenda and Jorge will distract the Berg, leading it away to where Frypan and some others will be waiting with weapons that'll take the Berg down. They'll steal the Berg, flying it back to us and by then, we should have Minho's carriage waiting to be extracted from the rest of the train and bring us back to the Right Arm. Any questions?"

Frypan raised his hand, anxiously, "Is it such a good idea for Newt and Y/N to be hiding in the same place? It's just... we all know how they've been recently"

"He's right" Vince agreed, "They've been squabbling like an old married couple"

Newt made an unkind remark, while Y/N scoffed.

"We'll be fine" they chorused, "It's Minho"

Vince gave them a warning look, "Alright. I'm trusting you with this. Do not let me down"

"Everybody get some rest!" Thomas ordered, "We've got a long day ahead of us"

Everybody but the people involved in the next day's plan left. Y/N made her way towards her brother, a nervous look on her face. Noticing this, he gave her a sympathetic look and enveloped her in a comforting hug.

"I don't understand  why I can't just stay with you and Vince" she whispered. " I can do my job just as well right from the beginning."

"We're working in groups of more for safety, sis" Thomas whispered, "You know that. And I know how much you miss Newt but we can't jeopardise our chances"

"I know" she sighed, pulling away. "I'm going to get some rest. Goodnight"

She gave her brother a kiss on the cheek, before heading off to bed.

"At least she's talking now" Vince commented, breaking through the silence.

"Yeah but only at meetings and even then its as if she's only addressing Thomas" Frypan frowned. "We really messed up"

"She'll be fine once we've got Minho back" Thomas reassured his friends. "I know how she's feeling and she'll realise soon that she needs her friends and she'll go back to her normal bubbly, sociable self."

"Hope so" Newt muttered.

"Right come on" Thomas said, "Rest!"