Secrets

The days that followed the shocking discovery were quiet and awkward. Thomas and Y/N only spoke to Newt, they didn't want to face anyone else at that time. They'd cut off all ties with their mother, and with their uncle as well.

Newt walked in to the little Homestead and found Y/N staring into the distance, a thoughtful look on her face. He let out a sympathetic sigh, before making his way towards her and sitting down beside her.

"Are you okay love?" he asked, as she nestled her head in the crook of his neck.

"I'm not too bad" she replied, "I miss Minho"

"I miss him too. But we'll find him Y/N... I know we will"

The moment was quickly interrupted, as Mary hurried in, quickly removing a bandage from around her and replacing it.

"Mary?" Newt said, "What happened to you?"

She spun around, a scared look on her face.

"Nothing!" she faked a grin, "I'm fine! Oh, Vince is calling me, I'd better go and see what she-- I mean he wants!"

She scurried out, leaving Y/N and Newt watching cluelessly after her.

"Are you ever going to forgive her?" Newt asked his girlfriend, as he ran his fingers through her hair.

"I really don't know" she mumbled, playing with the hem of his shirt, "I want to, I just... don't know if I can. How's Frypan?"

"He's alright" he replied, "He says he misses his Soufflé though"

Y/N giggled softly at the nickname, "God, I miss him too"

"Shall we go and see him?" her boyfriend queried, "Are you ready to?"

"Yeah" she breathed, "I think I am"

Newt stood up and took her hand, and they walked towards a group of the Right Arm, where Frypan was sat. Frypan looked over at the two and smiled, getting up nervously to greet them.

"Hey, Soufflé" he smiled slightly.

"Hey Fry, how are you?"

"I'm alright thanks. What about you though? I mean, after finding out Janson's your dad?"

"I've... been better" she sighed, "I think it's just taking a while to set in... You know the weirdest thing is, back when we were in the Glade I had a nightmare. And in it I was Ava Paige's daughter. I didn't know who she was at the time so I thought it was just a stupid dream but..."

"It felt like the universe was trying to tell you something without directly telling you?"

The trio turned to see Thomas walking towards them.

"I'm the same" he continued, "I had the same dream"

He stopped walking when he reached his sister and pulled her into a side hug.

"You okay?" he whispered.

She just nodded, "You?"

"Yeah, I mean I've got you, haven't I?"

She nodded again.

"Are you two going to join us in the planning later?" Frypan wondered, curiously.

"What planning?" the siblings chorused.

"I, er, thought you knew?"

"No" Thomas furrowed his eyebrows, "What's going on?"

"C'mon Newt, you didn't tell them?!" Frypan scolded.

"I was a bit preoccupied comforting my girlfriend, I didn't want to stress her out even more!" Newt fired back.

"Why is everyone keeping secrets from me?" Y/N asked in barely a whisper.

The two stopped arguing and turned their attention to the girl, who was staring blankly at the ground.

"Y/N, I--" Newt started.

She gently removed herself from her brother's grip and stormed away, wiping tears from her eyes.

"Y/N wait!" Newt yelled, going after her.

She spun around, shooting him a glare, "Why should I?! Why should I care what you have to say when I don't even know if it's true?! I feel like I can't trust you anymore Newt! You're my own boyfriend and I don't trust you! I thought that out of everybody, you'd be the one I could trust the most. And really, I think you're the person I need to watch out for!"

"Y/N..." he trailed off, not knowing how to finish his sentence.

"I think we need to take a break!" she blurted.

"Do you really mean that?" he asked, eyes widening.

"Yes" she said, hesitantly.

Newt looked down at the ground and walked away. He'd lost her again.