Our Source

"No!" I screamed as Vince pointed a gun at her
"Crank!" Vince yelled, "We've got a Crank!"
"Hey, listen" Thomas begged as two men held me to the spot, stopping me from attacking, "I promise you, this just happened, she's not dangerous yet. Please I told her you could help her."
A tear ran down my cheek as I watched Brenda struggle to breathe, writhing around on the ground.
"There's got to be something you can do" Thomas added.
Newt watched me, concerned, and I nodded to indicate that I was okay.
"Yeah, there is" Vince nodded, lowering his gun.
I sighed, relieved. He cocked his gun.
"Put her out of her misery!" he said, aiming it at her.
"No!" I yelled, causing the men to hold me firmer, "You son of a... Leave her alone!"
"Vince that's enough!" a woman yelled, "Let her go!"
Everyone looked at her, then at me.
"And her and him" the woman ordered, pointing at me and Jorge.
The men holding me pushed me to Newt, who wrapped his arms around my waist protectively.
"She's infected Doc" Vince said to the woman, "There's nothing we can do for her!"
"No" she said, staring at Thomas with wonder in her eyes, "But he can. Can't you Thomas?"

"How do you know who he is?" I queried, reaching for his hand.
"Calm down Y/N" she shushed.
I opened my mouth to protest but soon found myself closing it again.
"It's interesting" she said, nodding, "It makes sense that they put you in the maze. Though I must admit... I was worried they'd kill you after what you did."
"What I did?" Thomas stammered back.
"The last time I saw you" she said, "You said you couldn't take it anymore. Watching your friends die one by one. The last time we spoke, you gave me the coordinates of every WICKED compound and lab"
She began studying Brenda.
"He was our source" said Vincent.
"I feel like I know you from somewhere" I said to her, without meaning to.
"You do" she smiled back.
"Who are you?" I asked.
"All in good time" she said, "Take this girl to the tent. Get these guys some warm clothes. Be careful with her. Thomas, come on. I need some of your blood"
"You're not going anywhere with him!" I shouted, threateningly.
"I need him" the woman said, still walking.
"Can't she come?" he queried, looking back at me, "She's my sister"
"I know" she smiled, "Come, dear."
I followed them to a tent, in which the woman pulled up Thomas' sleeve and took some of his blood. I walked around the tent, studying everything and being the clumsy shuckface that I am, knocked over a cabinet.
"I'm so sorry!" I stuttered, "I'll pick it... up"
I picked up a photograph and stared at it. Two people were stood in a science lab, laughing at something. My eyes widened as I realised I knew who the people were, they'd just changed a lot since this picture was taken. The people were me and Thomas...