Chapter Five

Two days had passed and the girls were on their way to New York to give the performance of their lives. While they were on the bus Lauren had asked Camila a total of three times if she was ready for what was to come. Then, while they were in hair and make up two more times. And once again during rehearsals. Each time Camila gave the same answer, "yes, Lauren, I'm ready."

Finally it was time. The girls stood backstage and awaited being announced. "Performing next is the group who began their climb to fame on the hit television show X Factor! Fifth Harmony! Plus a special guest I think you'll all know!" One by one Lauren, Dinah, Ally, and Normani walked onto the stage, Camila waiting until her que. The girls set up and their song began.

Don't say you miss me 

When you don't call

And don't say you're hurting

Without the scars

Don't promise me tonight

Without tomorrow too

Don't say you love me unless you do

We've been close but inconsistent

You hold my heart at a safer distance, yeah

And you think words can ease the tension

But you can't deny that something's missin'

I need a little bit more

You gotta know what it's like

I know you've been here before

I've been waitin'

I've been patient

But I need a little bit more

The music faded out and Camila walked onto the stage as new music began to play. "Hey guys! This is an older song, if that's okay with you!" She got cheers and Lauren began.

When we were together

We were just strangers

I was just playing around

So I didn't wanna work it out 

No, I didn't wanna work it out

Thought something was missing

We were too different

Baby I'm a-looking back now

And I really should've worked it out

Yeah, I really should've worked it out

Because now that you're gone and I sleep alone

I can't help it, I want you back 'cause I

Lauren walked over to Camila and began the chorus by herself

Girl I miss you, said I really do, girl I miss you

Then Camila began.

Now I understand that we're better together

We're better, we're better, we're better, we're better, we're better

You know we're better together

We're better, we're better, we're better, we're better, we're better

You know we're better together

They finished the song and Lauren stood in front of Camila, looking in her eyes placing her hand on the younger girl's cheek and slowly leaning in to kiss her. After a few seconds they both looked up and out to the crowd with their fingers intertwined and raising them speaking in perfect unison toward the crowd. "Hey guys, we have something to tell you, Camren was real all along." Lauren slowly walked forward toward the front of the stage, "and I'm sorry for being how I was about it,  I really was a bitch. I'm not even gonna try and make up excuses for it, I'm just saying sorry." With that the crowd exploded with cheers and the girls even made out some of them crying. The other three girls had already left the stage leaving Camila and Lauren to walk off together. Once they were backstage everyone was clapping for the girls and yelling things like "good job," or "finally." They found the other girls and began talking to them about how the performance just went. Dinah spoke up, "that went so perfectly that I want to puke because it was so adorable." They all just rolled their eyes as Lauren's phone began to ring, "Hey guys, I need to take this." They all nodded their heads noticing the concern in the girl's voice. Lauren walked away from the group to her dressing room so that she could hear. The other girls stayed backstage so that she could have privacy, when she returned she looked as though she had been crying. Camila was the first to speak up, "hey, what happened?" Lauren looked at her with her eyes getting newly glossed over with tears threatening to fall. "That was Ty." They all looked at one another and walking inward to hug Lauren with Camila holding her the closest as she sobbed into the girl's chest. 

a/n Hey guys! I didn't expect to have gotten what is it... 214 reads on this story by Friday at 12:04 pm. Jeez I didn't expect 10 reads. Thank you so much! I don't even know how to thank you more. I don't even know what to say right now, jeez you guys are making me cry. So I'm just going to leave you with this chapter and I'll see you tomorrow with a new one.