♕ Steve ♕

Golden colours and the glistening ground was the first thing I was pleasured with seeing on this crisp fall morning. As soon as I stepped out of the doorway of my tattered home I had felt the presence of the day. The sun warmed my cheeks, making me wish that I was able to get up this early every morning. Usually I would still be in bed at seven o'clock, but today something spurred me in to emotion, propelling me from my bed in a relaxed hustle. I knew my friends, Soda and Steve, would be working at the DX this morning, which added to the need for me to get out of bed and to go see them.

I leisurely strolled down the cracked sidewalk, not worrying about Socs for the first time in a long time. I suppose another bonus of waking up early is that hardly anyone else is up. It was kind of peaceful, in a certain sense. The Socs would still be in bed from partying last night, no Greaser woke up at this hour unless they were working, and most adults have Saturday off. I felt as if it was just Tulsa and I becoming one, so when I found myself directly in front of the DX, I didn't feel the need to jump for joy. Alas, the only reason I had come was to see them, so I need to apprehend myself from my golden haze.

I saw Soda and Steve talking at the counter, causing a desire for me to startle them. I giggled, making my way around the back and entering slowly. I made sure to pull the door closed quietly behind me, then I continued to creep across the floor until I reached the doorway. I tried to control my severe case of the chuckles before actually hearing what the boys were talking about.

"But what if she doesn't like me?" I heard Steve say, a whiny tinge to his voice. I bit my lip slightly, the need to laugh dying away. I have never known him to even think that a girl wouldn't like him. He seemed to sit on a high pedestal of car parts and grease.

"Quit your belly aching, wouldja? I'm sure she would love to go on a date with you," Soda spoke, clearly trying to get Steve to think straight. I decided that I had heard enough, so I walked into the room, standing beside Steve by the cash register.

"Mornin' boys," I smiled, leaning into Steve's body slightly. He then wrapped his muscular arm around my waist, pulling me slightly closer. I coudn't help the pink tinge that made its way onto my cheeks as he held onto me. I ripped my attention away from Steve's arm, finally looking at Soda's handsome face. He held a light smile on it, with a glimmer of happiness evident in his eyes.

"Mornin' Y/n," Soda greeted in his happy tone. "What brings you here so early in the day?"

"I thought I would visit my favourite guy," I laughed, then looked up at Steve. "Oh yeah, I also came to see you too!"

Steve grinned, rolling his eyes placefully. "Whatever you say, doll."

"Well, I'm going to head out to the gas pumps. I'll talk to y'all in a bit," Soda explained, leaving the DX alone with Steve and I. I pulled away from Steve's grasp, moving myself onto the otherside of the counter.

"I kind of liked you close to me, doll face," Steve teased, leaning down onto the counter.

I smirked, leaning down to meet his face. He let out a breathe of air, looking down at my lips then back up into my eyes. I ran my tongue over my teeth, nodding slowly. We moved slowly before finally brushing lips. I slid around the counter, pushing our bodies together as my hand made its way to his hair as he gripped onto my hips. I had never felt such passion as I felt in this kiss.

We pulled away reluctantly, my hand finally untangling from his hair, but his hand never left my hip.

"Ahem."

I spun around, looking upon a wide eyed Sodapop. I grinned, shaking my head and laughing lightly.

"Sorry bud, we weren't expecting you."