♕Soda ♕

This was requested, so I kind of just went off on some crazy trip. It's probably not good, but I tried.🤷🏻‍♀️

"Please say you'll come," Steve whined, stomping his foot on my hardwood floor. I rolled my eyes, but said nothing. I was not feeling in a very partyish mood. I wanted to meet up with Soda and maybe... I don't know. Ever since that fateful night I've been confused of what we were. Sandy left, Ponyboy and Johnny were away at Windrixville, and Soda was left scared, sad, and alone. So I was called open to help. We talked, kissed, and then never addressed the subject again.

Steve looked at me expectantly and I knew I wasn't getting out of this.

"Fine, I'll come," I growled, pushing myself off of my bed and towards my closet. "I don't have anything to where, though.

"Eh, who cares. Just, uhh, brush you're hair maybe?"

I spun around and glared, but I stalked over to the bathroom. I pulled it threw a couple times, but decided it was pointless. My hair was too wild today. So, much to my detest, I pulled my hair into two boxer braids and put on a bit of mascara and filled in my eyebrows lightly.

"ARE YOU ALMOST DONE?!" Steve hollered from my bedroom, right as I walked in.

"Is this good enough for your high standards?"

"Indeed it is."

I rolled my eyes, walking out of my room and down to wear Steve's new truck was parked. If I was going to a party I didn't want my own truck, in fear of drunk driving. I didn't really think I'd do it, but it always scared me. Sometimes I'm not the brightest gal.

Finally, Steve marched out to the truck, smiling happily.

"What are you so happy about?"

"I'm just excited is all! I think Soda and Tim Shepard are going to be at the party," he teased, bumping my elbow. I turned to him with a glare. Did she know about Soda and I's kiss?

"Why are you jabbing me with your boney elbows about the boys?"

He grinned lightly, starting the truck and flying out of the driveway. By the time we hit the asphalt, he was probably going one hundred and thirty.

"Well, Tim seems to like you."

I started coughing drastically, hunching over in my seat. He just glanced at me confused, but didn't say anything. By the time my little coughing fit was over, we were at the party.

"Was not expecting that," I choked out.

"Clearly."

He hopped out of the truck and I followed suit, walking towards the front door. I could already here the loud music blasting in the home and I found myself getting really excited. Ain't no party like a Greaser party, that's for sure!

I swung open the door, walking in. Here you go people, the life of the party has arrived. Several people turned around, greeting Steve and I, but I was now looking for Soda. As I scanned the crowd, I found his dirty blonde hair, but unfortunately I found blonde hair dancing awfully close. Fine, two can play that game.

I grabbed a twisted tea and went to find some stupid boy toy. Two minutes later, I laid my eyes on Dallas. I was not losing this.

"Hey Dal," I flirted, bumping into him lightly. He turned to look who was there and smiled when he saw me.

"Hey Y/n. I didn't think you were going to be here tonight."

I ignored his question and went straight to the point.

"Do you want to dance?"

He laughed lightly, nodding his head. He led me to the floor and very close to Soda and skanky mcgee. How convenient.

I wrapped my hands lightly around his neck and his hands found his way to my hips. He pulled me slightly closer to him and we began to "dance" if you could call it that. We just swayed to the music, not saying much of anything.

•••
Soda's POV (because I want too;0)

Man, I wish Y/n was here. Sure, this girl was pretty, but she was no Y/n. I shouldn't have kissed her, though. She would be here if I had just looked away or sucked it up and not have called her. I wrecked our friendship because I couldn't control myself.

I glanced up from the girl, who's name I still haven't learned, and laid my eyes on Dally and.... Y/n? That morons hands were getting dangerously low and I wasn't prepared to see them get any lower. I pushed the girl away from me gently and walked over to Dallas and Y/n.

•••

Your POV
I glanced back over to Soda and saw that he was coming over here at a very alarming pace. I pushed away from Dally, trying to prevent a stupid fight.

"What's the matter?" Dally questioned, furrowing his eyebrows and trying to walk back towards me.

"Y/n, I have to talk to you," Soda growled, grabbing my wrist and dragging me up the stairs and onto the roof.

"Will you let go of me?!" I demanded, pulling away from his iron grip. I rubbed my wrist and glared at the handsome boy.

"Sorry."

"Yeah, whatever, Soda. Can I go now?" I grumbled, stomping back over to the door. His arm wrapped around my waist and he dragged me back.

"Why were you dancing with Dal?"

"Why were you dancing with skanky mcgee?"

He rolled his eyes, leaning down to kiss me. Oh sure, as if I was going to kiss him again. Last time we kissed we didn't even talk for a week afterwards. I flicked him in the forehead and began walking away, once again.

"Stop Y/n, please. I think I'm in love with you!" He cried out, causing me to spin around.

"Please don't say that."

"Why? Are you scared? Because I was an amazing boyfriend, up until that bitch left for Florida! And now, I'm ready to move on with someone who might actually be good for me and you don't want to

I had to think about what he just said. Was I scared? No, I don't think I am. I just had... concerns. Like, what if we broke up? I definitely wouldn't be able to hang around with the gang anymore. And what if he gets bored of me? He has the superstar looks, while I'm stuck with mediocre looks with crazy hair.

"You know what Soda? I'm not scared. I never am. I'm just worried. You can't promise me we won't get hurt. What if we just wreck each other? Or break each other's hearts?" I ranted, taking a step closer as I spoke. I was right in front of Soda by the time I was done. We looked at each other with an incredible amount of anger and hurt. Then he leaned down and kissed me. This time I kissed back.

Several minutes later we pulled apart. Sodas happy smile was plastered across his face, but I was still royally pissed off.

"I called dibs on you years ago, so I suggest you don't dance with Dally."

"I suggest you don't tell me what the hell to do."

He laughed, wrapping his strong arms around my waist, smiling softly.

"That's my girl."