♕ Ponyboy ♕

He stared up into the big, blue sky, seemingly lost in thought. He glanced over at her, taking in her gorgeous y/h/c hair and how she always seemed to have a gentle smile on her face. He had never felt this strongly for a girl before, especially a girl he had known his whole life. Then again, if he decided to act on these new found feelings Steve would punch his teeth out of his head. No one messed with Y/n Randle and got away with it.

"Hey, Pony?" Y/n questioned, shaking him out of his intricate thoughts.

"Yeah?" He replied, giving the beautiful girl a sad smirk. He wasn't good at hiding his feelings, no matter how hard he tried. He was as easy to read as the books he seemed to always have his nose in.

"Are you ok? Because if your not we can talk about it," she tried carefully, not wanting to say the wrong thing. She didn't want to kick him while he was down, so to speak.

"You not what Y/n?! No, I'm not ok! I have had you stuck in my head for what seems like forever! And what can I do about it?! Jack shit! Mean ole Steve Randle will have my hide if I try anything on his gorgeous sister! It's just... it's not fair," he hollered, growing angrier and angrier. He stood up and started to walk away, rage and embarrassment bubbling over as the usually sweet boy hit his breaking point.

Y/n didn't know what to say, all she knew was that she couldn't let him leave. She jogged to catch up with him, hoping he wouldn't mind her company. She gently set her dainty hand on his shoulder, wanting him to stop. To her dismay he didn't stop, but she wasn't giving up that easy.

"PONYBOY CURTIS, STOP WALKING!" she hollered, causing him to jump. He spun around slowly, making steady eye contact.

"I'm sorry, Y/n. I probably ruined everything."

"Ponyboy, I have had a crush on you since we were little kids. Me, you, and Johnny, man, best of friends. Johnny and Dal are dead now, I've only got you left and I'm sure as hell not going to let you leave me too," she declared for the world to hear. She, Y/n Randle, loves Ponyboy Curtis and he couldn't believe it.

"You?" he questioned, pointing his finger at her, "you have a crush on me?

Disbelief was written all over his features. How could a girl like her, have a crush on a grease like him? Sure, she was a greaser, but she wasn't like the other girls. She liked cars and parties, but she also loved to watch sunsets with him and got to the drive in with the gang.

"Of course, moron," she exclaimed, looking annoyed. Why was that so hard to believe? Wasn't she allowed to have crushes?

He strolled over to her in two strides, pulling her into a tight hug. When the two pulled apart, they both had large grins on their faces.

"Be my girl?"

"Of course!"