♕ Two-bit ♕

It was Friday night and I was working the night shift at the Dingo. I had about an hour of work left, causing me to want this shift to be over more than ever. That is until a handsome guy walked in. Call me a sucker for modern day romance, but who can pass up a good lookin' guy in a bar. He sat down at the bar and I walked over to serve him.

"What can I get you?" I asked smiling a wide smile. Man, I seemed really cheesy when I waitressed.

"Well doll, I could really use a beer," he mumbled, looking down at the bar. His dirty blonde hair fell into his face and I turned around to get the beer.

"Coming right up!"

I grabbed the beer out of the fridge and placed it in front of him.

"Thanks doll face," he mumbled sadly as I slid the beer forward. Clearly something was wrong. I'd seen this guy in the Dingo before and he seemed like quite a character but now he seemed sad.

"What's the matter hun?" I questioned curiously. As soon as I spoke the words I regretted it. It was not my place to intrude on his private matter.

"My names Two-bit, doll face. I caught my girlfriend, well, now ex girlfriend cheating on me," Two-bit chocked out and then took a swig of beer. I could relate to that feeling. I had dated a couple of real dogs in my day.

"Awe hun, that's horrible. Let me know if you need anything," I offered and got back to my shift.

Two-bit stayed the whole time I worked and I let him stay a little longer because I was closing tonight. He just sat there, nursing the same beer.

"Sorry hun, but I gotta close up for the night," I explained, helping him off of the bar stool.

"Oh, ok. Would it be ok if I asked for your number?" He exclaimed, rather boldly may I add.

"Yeah, sure. Let me just write it down," I chuckled, grabbing a napkin and quickly scribbling down my number. He bounced back fast.

"EUREKA!" He hollered as I handed him the note.

I laughed at his outburst and walked outside to my car, Two-but close on my heels. I unlocked my car and turned back to Two.

"Bye, hun," I smirked, winking and getting in the car.

"Bye, doll face," He teased a slight grin playing on his features. I wonder if I'd ever see him again. I sure hoped so.