♕ Darrel ♕

I knew dating Tim Shepard was a bad idea from the very start. You know all those stories where the girl dates the bad boy and he magically transforms into a fabulous person? Well those stories are shit. I can't believe he cheated on me with Cherry Valance! Like seriously? That red headed bimbo better watch her back for the next couple weeks.

As I laid in my uncomfortable bed, I began to think of what to do. I needed a friend to talk to about this situation. I couldn't think of anyone to talk to that would actually listen, therefore I resorted to Darry.

I pulled on a pair of skinny jeans and a black hoodie. I threw my
y/h/c hair into a messy bun on the top of my head and walked out of my room, feeling like crying or punching a wall. There was nothing in between.

"Bye mom, bye dad, I'll be home soon!" I hollered as I walked out the door. Thankfully, the Curtis's lived a street over so it took me only a couple of minutes to arrive. I stomped up the rickety steps to his run down house. I knocked on the door and heard some shuffling from inside.

"What do you want, it's like seven in the morning!" Darry demanded, clearly annoyed. I took a moment looking at him shirtless before I let out a sniffle. "Tim and I are officially done."

"Oh my gosh Lib... I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell, I've just been a little high strung with everything that's going on." I stood there not saying anything, so he grabbed my hand and led me inside. He pulled me into a hug as I sat there quietly. With him holding me in his arms I wondered if he cared about me, in more than a sisterly way. I mean, I was only a year younger than him and we had always done everything together. I definitely wouldn't have a hard time falling in love with him.

"Do you wanna tell me what happened?" he questioned, stroking my head softly.

"He cheated on me. And to make matters a little worse, he cheated on me with Cherry," I breathed out, burying my head into his chest.

"I'm calling Soda and Steve. One of them is going to stay with you and the other one is coming with me to kick some ass."

"Darry come on, he's got a whole gang of people who will try and hurt you. I care to much about you and those guys to let you walk into a suicide mission because of me. Beside, I like you better than I like him," I tried to reason. I held him tighter, trying to keep him close. Some how he managed to wiggle out of my death grip and was on his phone. I rolled my eyes at his worry. I just needed to talk to someone. I guess someone beating the shit out of Tim would be satisfying.

"Look Y/n, no guys gonna play you and get away with it. Soda's will be over in a couple minutes. Steve and I are going to go kick some ass."

He gave me a hug and a kiss on the forehead and with that he left. I laid my head down on the end of the couch and fell into a deep sleep.

-----------------------------------

I awoke to Soda talking angrily on the phone. "GOD DAMMIT ALEX HOW THE HELL DID YOU GET THROWN IN JAIL?!"

Soda paced the kitchen some more before mumbling a good bye and hanging up. He walked into the living room and gave me one of his funny grins.

"Well, look who decided to wake up!"

"Where's Darry?" I rasped, worried for his life. I knew he was tough and could handle himself, but I hoped he wouldn't go after Tim.

"Yeah, he went to go kick some butt," he explained, extremely nonchalantly. I let out a groan and rubbed my eyes, trying to wake up.

"He only did it because he cares about you."

Hearing those words stung more than Tim cheating on me. I only dated that fool because of Darry. It's stupid, I know, but Darry had been going out with some Soc. I guess I was jealous and rebounded with good ole Tim Shepard. I can't tell if the reason I'm feeling like actual crap, is the fact that I will never have a chance with Darry or that Tim cheated on me.

"Yeah I know," I grumbled, biting back the tears that were threatening to fall.

"No, man, you don't get it do you? Darry has been in love with you since the day he met. You're literally everything he is and would want in a girl wrapped into one. I won't tell him you know if you don't feel the same about him. But if you do.... well I can arrange something," Soda chuckled the last part kind of scarily and I giggled. I had loved Steve and Soda like brothers ever since we met. But Darry....

"We're back, is she okay?" Darry whispered as he walked into the living room. "Oh, you're up."

"Yeah."

There was an awkward silence until Soda let out a fake cough. "Uh, hey Stevie, wanna go do something?!"

Steve began to protest, but Soda grabbed his arm and dragged him out. Darry walked over to the couch and flopped down beside me.

"Darry your eye!" I cried out, reaching up to touch his bruising eye.

He looked over at me and gave me a halfhearted smile. "He got one shot in before I kicked his ass."

I couldn't help it. I leaned over and kissed him. He sat there rigid and pushed me away.

"WHAT THE HELL?!" he screamed, anger and hatred piercing threw his voice and filling his eyes.

"But Soda said...." I tried to get out.

"Get out of my house. You don't love me. I'm your little rebound, who you won't want in a week. Nah man, if you wanna whore around do it somewhere else."

He spun around and walked into his room and slammed the door. I let out a choke cry, but I reluctantly walked out of the house, heartbroken once again.

"How did it go?!" Soda squealed as he ran around the side of the house.

"You told me he liked me. I have been hopelessly in love with that moron since the day I met him. And you lied to me. I have to go."

I ran out of there to the one place I knew I would be helped out. I knocked on the door and for the first time in a long time, tears began to fall.