♕ Dallas ♕

The school bell rang, ending my typical school day in Tulsa, Oklahoma. I leaped out of my seat, collecting my stuff hastily. The teachers had been riding my ass all day for being too reckless and noisy. Jesus, I dreamt of the day I wouldn't have to suffer the discrimination of being a Greaser. Mind you, I couldn't exactly complain about the perks of my life. We party all night, break the rules and do what we want. How much better can it get??

All of a sudden I was hit from my left side, sending me on a crash course into the tall grass.

"Ow!" I hollered as I landed, hard. A large body let out a string of giggles as he climbed off of me into a standing position.

All of a sudden I knew who it was.

"TWO BIT!" I hollered, annoyed with his constant shenanigans. For a big brother he sure messed with me a lot.

"Jesus Two, stop messing with her. We don't want to wreck her pretty face," came a voiced I recognized as Dallys.

"Shut up Dally, this ain't the time," I glowered, clambering our of the weeds. I wasn't in the mood.

"Yeah Dally, stop hitting on my sister. I clearly got the good looks in the family," Twobit announced so matter of factly, I couldn't help but punch him in the arm.

"OW!" he exclaimed, rubbing his arm up and down.

"Yo Dal, I'm working tonight, but if you hear of a rumble, call the DX," I mentioned, jogging away. I had to get to my shift and that conversation had put me behind.

"Sure sweet cakes, anything for you!" I heard him holler back. 

I rolled my eyes. Dally liked me and I knew it. Sure he was hot, but Dally was a player. He'd change his mind soon enough, so what was the point of dating him? I walked into the gas station and went to my locker to change. I threw on my shirt just as Soda and Steve walked in.

"Aw shoot, we missed it?" Steve grumbled, pouting his bottom lip.

"You guys are such creeps! I've seen you guys with no clothes on and I haven't commented! Mainly because there was nothing to comment on, but that's none of my business," I mocked, giving it back a bit.

"Ooo, she's feisty today," Soda joshed, giving me a playful hug and spinning me around.

"Soda set me down! You're going to end up dropping me!" I squealed with a smirk. He set me down gently and began to dig into his bag. Soon enough, he had pulled out a couple pieces of chocolate cake and passed it to each of us.

"Have you agreed to go out with Dallas yet?" Steve questioned, digging into his chocolate cake.

"Guys, I'm not going to say yes. He hits on anything that moves. I'm really not any different."

"That's true, but I think Dally honestly likes you. You've known each other since y'all were little and you're practically best friends."

"Steve, shut up and eat your cake," I grumbled, getting the hell out of the locker room.

What does Steve know, I thought to myself, wheeling under a car. I needed to focus. The oil line was broke, the transmission blew and the headlight wires were screwed up. This was probably gonna take me all night but I didn't have anything goin on. As I set to work I felt my worries disappear. Fixing cars made me happy. My dad taught me how to fix things before he left my mom, Two-bit, and I.

All of a sudden I felt a tap on my foot. That shook me out of my zone. I wheeled out from beneath the car. I was annoyed. Everyone knew not to talk to me when I was fixing cars.

"Hey babe wanna go to some parties tonight?" came the sound of Dallys New York accent.

"Dal this car is going to take me forever to finish, so I don't know yet."

"Oh jeez, can't Soda or Steve help you?" he whined, kicking at the bumper.

"As soon as I let them know I need their help they'll never let me live it down. So no I can't ask them," I muttered as I replaced the oil line.

"You know what? I'll help you."

"What?! Dal you don't help nobody. Don't make an exception for lil ole me," I teased, pouting my lips.

"Well I know how to fix a transmission, let me help with it."

"Fine," I muttered, sliding back under the car.

Dally clambered down beside me and we got to work. To my surprise he knew a thing or two and we had the transmission done in half an hour. We got to work rewiring the headlights and we finished the vehicle in about 45 minutes.

"Huh. We finished that quick."

"Well, I told you. We still got a couple of hours to kill so whatcha wanna do?" Dally asked.

"Sorry hun, I need to take a shower.  I'm completely covered in oil. I'll meet you at the Curtis's and we can sneak into the drive in with the gang."

"Oh, okay, see you then," Dally said, sounding disappointed.

"Oh and Dally?"

"Hmm?"

"Thanks," I whispered as I softly kissed his cheek.

"So...I have a shot with you?" He exclaimed happily.

"Shut up Dally," I grumbled, walking away