♕ Johnny ♕

I lay in bed thinking about Two-bit and Johnny. Two-bit wanted me to become his girlfriend. Johnny on the other hand... he may have kissed me, but it was one of those things. He had been hurt, I was a shoulder to cry on. I suppose
Two-bit was the one I was thrown into choosing. Johnny and I.... we have no chance of anything good happening.

It was only eight a.m., but I needed to go stretch my legs. A jog would help me get my thoughts straight. I swung my legs off of my bed, sitting up. I pulled on black shorts and a plain black shirt. I brushed my hair and pulled it into a ponytail, trying to keep it out of my face.

I jogged downstairs, grabbing my phone and headphones along the way. I put the earbuds in a turned on my running playlist, which consists of a whole lot of rap and most specifically my favourite song of all time; Crazy Rap by Afroman. I stopped at the door to pull on my pink Nikes.

I closed the door quietly and did some quick stretches. I started jogging and instantly felt better. It had been my therapy when I was little. My older brother, Steve, always used to scream at my father all the time. I started jogging so I had an excuse to get away from the chaos and have some alone time.

I ran past the Dingo and made a left at the corner, feeling better already. I ran past the little shops and kept going. I felt like I could run forever. Until I saw them. Two had Marcia pushed up against a brick wall, making out pretty intensely. I slowed down to a walk and strolled over to them with a fake smile plastered to my face. I was ready to confront them.

"Well, well, well, good thing you have her to fall back on when I rid you from my life!" I exclaimed cheerfully, praying to god I would be able to remain my composure. Sure, I'd rather be with Johnny, but it still hurt. Especially being disregarded because of a stupid Soc.

"It's not what it looks like, I swear!" He exploded, a panicked expression playing on his face.

"See you at school, Marcia." 

By then, my cheerful smile turned into a cold blooded sneer. I was not feeling overly happily.

She let out a squeak, her eyes widening.  I started to jog again. All these thoughts were flying through my head a million miles per hour. I started going faster and faster until I was out of town limits, at the old bridge. I collapsed under the bridge breathing heavily. I let out a slow sob and caught myself. I was not gonna cry about an asshole who cheated on me with Marcia. I calmed my breathing and did some stretches. Well maybe Johnny..... no he doesn't like me.

After a couple minutes, I felt my breathing return to normal and the need to cry disappear. I looked at the part of bridge where I had spray painted Y/n with a heart beside it in pink. The memory was a good one. Johnny and I had been bored one day when we were about eleven or twelve. Steve, like the responsible brother he was, gave us some spray paint he had stolen, and we headed right to the bridge, ready for some action. Johnny decided he didn't want to spray paint anything here because he didn't want evidence to prove that he ever lived in Tulsa.

I began my slow jog back into town. I was beginning to feel the effect of the running, but I didn't want to stop now.

I made it all the way back to my home before I collapsed on my stairs in exhaustion. I was extremely tired and ready for a nap, but I knew the image of Marcia and Two kissing would haunt my dreams. So, instead of sleeping I laid on my couch and glared at the ceiling.

I heard a knock on my door, so I leaped off the couch, happy for a little company.

I swung open the door, seeing a happy Johnny.

"Hey Y/n!"

I smiled weakly, swinging the door open for him to enter. He strolled in, the happy smile starting to fade.

"W-what's the mat-t-ter Y/n?"

"Oh Johnnycakes, nothing is the matter. I'm just glad you're here," I mumbled, looking up at him with a soft smile beginning to play on my features.

"I'm not s-stupid Y/n. W-what's up? Is it bec-c-cause I kissed you?" he stuttered. He soft brown eyes were beginning to portray sadness that made my heart hurt.

"No, NO! It isn't because you kissed me. I know you might not have meant it, but I... I did. I'm not sure why I feel so strongly for you, but I do. It doesn't matter what I do, I always end up thinking about your dark eyes and your light smile. So don't even consider feeling guilty or concerned about that kiss!"

The room filled with a thick layer of discomfort, or I suppose my discomfort. Johnny had a blush splashed across his cheeks, but still looked unsure of what to do.

"Gee, Y/n I d-didn't know you
felt-t like t-t-t-that," he mumbled, leaning back into the couch. I nodded slightly, chewing one my tongue. "I m-mean... I'm not as g-g-good looking as t-the rest of the g-gang."

"I think I love you, Johnny Cade."

"I think I love you too, Y/n Y/L/N."