Chapter 2: Explanations and Introductions

Disclaimer: I do not own any X-men characters I only claim ownership of Tara

Ok the first chapter of this is called My Two Saviors. Enjoy!

-----

I woke up when I felt myself moving really fast. I was in some type of moving vehicle. Confused, I picked my head up and looked to Mr. Charles and Mr. Erik.

"Morning sleeping beauty" Mr. Erik said to me and I looked to him confused more but then I looked out the window. Who was sleeping beauty?

"How are we moving so fast?" I asked turning back to them.

"Haven't you been in a car before Tara?" Mr. Charles asked. I shook my head and turned back not noticing their shocked looks.

"I don't remember the last time I was anywhere but my room and the bathroom." I said watching as we stopped and I got to see how green everything was. I remember colors from looking into my mother and father's  minds. It was so colorful outside. "The outside is really pretty." I said turning back to them. Mr. Erik ruffled my hair. I was able not to flinch this time.

"What is your power Tara?" Mr. Erik asked.

"Powers, Erik! Tara is gifted with three powers. One of them being telepathy as I have already experienced." Mr. Charles said with pride. Was he proud of me? No one had ever been proud of me before or at least since I can remember. It made me feel good.

"That's extraordinary. Can you show us one of the powers?" Mr. Erik asked to me. He wasn't trying to force me; he was giving me a choice. No one had ever let me decide before. I nodded and looked around the car. What could I use? I didn't have the best control really.

I saw the hat on Mr. Erik's head. I concentrated on it and made it float. Mr. Charles clapped and was smiling. Mr. Erik was too and chuckling. I put the hat back on his head. I smiled as they looked to me.

"Marvelous, truly marvelous Tara!" Mr. Charles exclaimed. I smiled even more in happiness. It felt nice not having someone yell at me for using my powers. Mr. Charles patted my head but I flinched on instinct. He then just patted my shoulder instead and didn't comment on it which I was grateful for.

"I won't make you do anything you don't want to do Tara." I looked to Mr. Charles.

"Promise?" I asked looking at him. He smiled and nodded. Mr. Erik looked like us speaking in our heads was a normal thing. I at least had the comfort that they would be kind to me, they would be better to me.

"How did you guys find me? I'm very grateful you did but why now?" I asked.

"We need your help Tara" Mr. Erik said being serious. I nodded and looked to them as they began to explain. Why would they need help from a little girl like me?

"In the world right now is a bad man Tara. His name is Sebastian Shaw and he wants to do a lot of bad things to some very good people." Mr. Charles said and I nodded. I know bad men. If he's anything like my father than he must be really bad.

"He and I have some unfinished business." Mr. Erik said and I nodded again.

"What is he planning to do?" I asked.

"He wants to start a war between us and the humans." Mr. Charles said. What?

"Aren't you humans too?" I asked in confusion. What's the difference with Mr. Charles and Mr. Erik compared to everyone else. They looked normal.

"We are mutants Tara. We are the better men then the humans." Mr. Erik said. Huh? Did that include me? Wait-

"I thought I was a girl?" I asked. This made the men laugh. I looked to them as if they were crazy.