Chapter 18: Shoot To Kill

Disclaimer: i do not claim ownership of X-Men; i only claim ownership of Tara.

-----

When i opened my eyes i was in Professor X's arms. Magneto had us against the floor of the overturned jet, using his metal powers to stick us there.  He then let go and we slowly landed on the ceiling. We all got up and started helping the others out of there seats.

"Warn us next time Charles." Beast said. We all went to the entrance of the destroyed jet.

"Look." I said pointing to the equally destroyed sub. In front of it were Riptide, Angel, and Azazel.

"Beast. Havoc. Darwin. Take them on." Professor X said but then Angel took off, flying away. Probably to go find Banshee.

"Raven you are staying here." Professor X demanded when she tried to go with the boys. She gave him a look but but stayed. "You and Tara are to guard the door. Stop anyone who tries to come in." he said. He then went to Magneto and began to help him with Shaw.

I watched as Darwin easily and quickly knocked out Riptide before he, Havoc, and Beast started fighting Azazel.

It was turning bad quickly. "I don't want to lose them Raven." i told her. She looked to me. I looked back up to her. "I don't want to just sit here." i said. She put a hand on my shoulder. "I know." she said. I looked back to the American ships, watching Azazel try to kill my brothers, growing angrier and angrier.

Then i saw Riptde trying to go into the sub, going to find Magneto.

"No." i said. I looked to Professor X then back over to Riptide, contemplating. "I have to." i muttered, "What?" Raven asked. I started running over despite her calls. "Tara!" I heard Professor X yell.

"Hey Riptide!" I yelled. He turned to me and i threw my hand, using my telekinesis and throwing him back inland on the beach.

He got up and glared at me.

"Look at the little girl. Trying to be a hero." he sneered, starting to make a twister.I put my hand close and began making the orb of lightning again.

"My name is Rush!" i shouted and threw it at him. It hit him dead on and he flew back, twitching. I walked over and peered down at him. He then threw a punch making me fly back.

"Tara!" Raven shouted. I got back up in time to dodge another punch from him.He then went for another punch and i held my hands out in front of my face. Nothing hit me though. I looked and saw that Riptide was frozen, mid-punch. I looked at him in shock. I then felt like i was using my telepathy. On what? Wait!

"I'm controlling you..." I said in shock taking a step closer to him. "I guess you can't stop me from doing this." i said before punching him in the face. He fell to the ground. I smiled and turned to go when i felt a hand on my ankle.

He pulled me and i fell to the ground. I tried backing away but he got up and kicked me in the stomach.

I  got on my back and went to kick him but someone did that for me. Azazel and Beast fell on top of him after appearing out of no where. I got up and backed away a bit. I used my telekinesis getting Beast away from Azazel.

All of a sudden it happened. Azazel's tail wrapped around my neck, lifting me in the air. It was like the dream. I struggled, my powers failing me and i was choking, spots filling my eyes.

I was lifted and moved to where i was in front of Azazel, staring at Beast. He was using me as a shield. Beast was wide-eyed.Darwin ran over but when he saw how dangerous the situation was, he stopped.

"Don't hurt her." Darwin told Azazel. "She's just a little girl. Don't hurt her!" Hank begged. His hold got tighter. I started seeing more spots. "P-Please!" I was able to get out, tears filling my eyes. I had no way to breathe and i was beginning to get light-headed.