Chapter 11: Can Be Fun

Disclaimer: i do not claim ownership of X-Men; i only claim ownership of Tara.

-----

The next day we were all trying to hone in on our powers. Of course Hank had to tell me what the word "hone" meant.

I'd really like it if people used words that an eleven year old could understand.

Raven, Me, Alex, Darwin were all looking out a window right now. Sean was on a window sill next to us with the contraption Hank had made in a day. Mr. Charles and Hank were with him on that side. Mr. Erik was by us at the window sill.

The devise that Hank had made was like wings. It was really cool. Today we were going to see everyonee's new equipment except for mine. Hank was still trying to work out kinks in my stuff to make it safe for me to try.

"Now remember scream as hard as you can." Mr. Charles said. I smiled and held a thumbs up to Sean to give him support.

"You need the sound waves to be super sonic. Catch them at the right angle and they should carry you." Hank said. I frowned and saw Sean gain an ounce more of fear.

"They should carry me. That's reassuring." Sean said kind of breathless.

"Good luck. And don't forget to scream." Mr. Charles said, patting his back. Hank and Mr. Charles moved away from the window. Sean looked to the rest of us. We gave him a thumbs up. He took a deep breath and pushed off the window sill.

It didn't turn out so good. He let out a choked scream and fell immediately in a rose bush.

"Sean!" i yelled. We all ran down to help him out of the bush.

"Are you ok?" i asked in concern. "In a minute..." Sean said leaning onto my shoulder. We all let out a laugh.

Later on that day I was with Mr. Charles again as he was training with Alex. Hank had installed a camera last night so we could look into the bunker.

Alex had his new device strapped against him. It was a disk thing and it was suppose to be able to center into one place and shoot out as a beam.

"Do you think it'll work?" i asked, looking up to Mr. Charles. "I'm sure of it." he said confidently.

Then Alex shot the beam only for him to fall back at the power and shoot onto the roof. Thankfully nothing happened except a few burn marks.

"After a little bit of practice."  Mr. Charles said with a grin as we walked in. Alex just looked at us. I was trying to keep the grin off my face.

"Laugh it up kid." he said as he got up. i walked over and helped him up.

"You know she only means well." Mr. Charles said with the grin still on his face. i looked to see Alex with his head down. i frowned. i'll have to talk to him later.

After that Mr. Erik had me come with him to help Darwin train. "Why does Tara have to be here?" Darwin asked Mr. Erik. i was wondering that too.

"We need to get you ready for anything flying at you. With the use of Tara's telekinesis we can arrange that. There won't be just metal things coming at you at times." Mr. Erik explained. I looked around and noticed things were placed, so i could lift them and throw them at Darwin.

"You ready?" Mr. Erik said looking to me. i nodded and looked to Darwin. I lifted my hand and threw a crate at him to start off with. He changed into some black stone.

Then the game began. I started throwing whatever i could and he was able to block it all. But at one point i fell to my knees. "Tara!" Darwin and Mr. Erik said running over.

"I'm sorry. I'm tired." i said taking deep breaths. "We can stop for today." Mr. Erik said helping me up.

"Let's get back to the house." Darwin said. i nodded. We got back to the house to see Mr. Charles and Raven beginning to make lunch.

"Hi." i said as they sat me down. "What happened?" raven said walking over. Hank came into the room.

"Add a way to make sure her powers don't zap all her energy out." Mr. Erik said to Hank. Hank jumped but looked to me and nodded, concern in his eyes.

"I'm fine, really?" i said looking up to them. "Its not fine if you tire out in the middle of the battle. you could get hurt." Mr. charles said in worry. i nodded in understanding.

"I understand but can we get back to training. It's fun!" i said as a smile split across my face.

Again i know this is a little short i promise or at least i promise to try and get these chapters to be longer. I'm sorry for not updating in awhile. I've been busy with school. Hope you enjoyed the chapter!