Chapter 15: It Means...

Disclaimer: i do not claim ownership of X-Men; i only claim ownership of Tara.

Hey guys i am so sorry its taken me forever to write. I've been busy with school and i have gotten bronchitis. Hopefully today i can do one or two chapters to make up for it.

-----

I was sitting in the window seat watching Mr. Charles and Mr. Erik through the window again. I currently had my headband on but not my gloves. Those were in my room.

Mr. Erik was trying to give Mr. Charles the gun like last time but he wouldn't take it. "I have something else in mind." he said. I could hear because i was resting in his mind. I wasn't doing anything, just listening in. "I got the idea from Tara's display of her telekinesis yesterday." he said. I titled my head and then remembered.

"You see that?" Mr. Charles asked pointing to the satellite. Mr. Erik nodded. "Try turning it to face us." Mr. Charles said. Mr. Erik looked to him but started to try for a few seconds before he had to break his concentration. He was panting and his face was kind of red.

"I can't do it. Not without the situation, i need the anger." he said. "The anger isn't enough." Mr. Charles told him. "It's gotten the job done all this time." Mr. Erik said. "It's nearly gotten you killed all this time." Mr. Charles retorted sharply.

I learned that word from Hank. It means to respond sharply.

It was quiet for a minute. "You know i believe that true force lies between rage and serenity. You mind if I..." Mr. Charles asked trailing off. Mr.Erik nodded and i went into his mind along with MR. Charles. He wanted me to come in too.

Mr. Charles brought up a really nice memory. It was of Mr. Erik and his mom. Mr. Erik was probably the same age if not a little older than me. They were in front of a birthday cake. She was singing him happy birthday in German. It was so pretty. A tear went down my cheek along with Erik.

"Sweetie are you okay?" Raven asked coming over to me and sitting down beside me. The boys turned to watch me.I ignored them though and focused on Mr. Erik and Mr. Charles.

"What did you do to me?" Mr. Erik asked taking a step back.

"I accessed the brightest corner of your memory system. It's a beautiful memory Erik. Thank you." Mr. Charles said.

"I didn't know i still had that." he whispered. "There's so much more to you than you know. Not just pain and anger. There's good to you, I felt it.  And when you can access all that, you'll possess a power that almost no one can match. Not including me." he said. He turned to see me and Mr. Erik followed his gaze.

Both were thinking that once i had full control over all my powers i would be the most powerful mutant in existence. That was kind of scary though.

"So come on. Try again." Mr. Charles said. Mr. Erik nodded and turned back to face the satellite and started again. After a second though the satellite started moving. I began laughing and the others looked to me with strange looks. Then they saw what i was looking at. Mr. Erik and Mr. Charles were laughing and smiling.

Then Moira called all of us into the other den. The President was making his address. I was sitting beside Raven and Darwin. I watched wide-eyed as the President said what would happen if the Russians crossed the Embargo Line.

It would mean war.

"That's how we're going to find Shaw." Mr. Erik said. We looked to him. "How do you know?" Alex asked.

"Two super powers facing off , and he wants to start world war three. He won't leave anything to chance." Mr. Charles said. I looked down, frowning.

"So much for diplomacy." Mr. Erik said dryly. He then turned to us.

"Hope you all get a good nights sleep." he said before walking out. I looked down.

I was scared.