Chapter 7: Waiting...

Disclaimer: i do not claim ownership of X-Men; i only claim ownership of Tara.
-----

We all were waiting. Alex, Sean, Hank, Darwin, Raven, and me. All of us were waiting for the inevitable. Waiting for Mr. Charles and Mr. Erik to come and say we all were to go home. I held my teddy tighter at the thought.

I didn't want to go back! I never wanted to go back there!

Darwin was in a wheelchair for now. The doctors had looked him over and put him in the wheelchair until morning. They roughly bandaged my hands too and then left.

I didn't blame them for hating us, not now. 438 lives were taken today because of us being here. Everyone was ignoring us as they were clearing the place and taking bodies away.

"Do you think I could have helped?" i asked looking to my friends.

"You barely were able to with me Tara. I wouldn't risk it on a human. They wouldn't have made it no matter how hard you died. " Darwin said patting my leg. My leg tensed up but relaxed after a minute.

"What did you see in there..." Raven finally asked. I knew she had been waiting for someone to speak so she could ask me.

"What are you talking about?" Sean asked.

"When Shaw took his helmet off..." i started quietly. The others turned to me.

"...I made the mistake of looking in his eyes. I went into his mind..." i said as tears began filling my eyes. I kept picturing what he did to Mr. Erik over and over again and i couldn't stop it.

Raven hugged me lightly.

"I'm sorry for not listening to you Tara." Darwin said. "You don't have to apologize." i said looking up to him.

Alex was quiet the entire time. He had been quiet ever since he had apologized to Darwin for about a good 15 minutes. Then he went silent.

"That red dude scared the crap out of me." Sean said looking to us.

"He killed Mr. Agent Black." i murmured.

"He killed everyone..." Raven said looking around. "He was the only one who was nice to me though." i answered looking up.

"How long do you think it'll be before Charles and Erik come to take us home?" Hank asked. I closed my eyes and looked down.

"I don't want to go back to being a taxi driver." Darwin said, leaning back in the chair. "Not after all this." he finished looking to us.

"I'd be going back to learn how to be a waitress...meanwhile Shaw will kill more people." Raven said sadly.

"I'd have that rather than going back to a foster home with 6 other siblings, and a druggie of a supposed mother." Sean said glumly. The others looked shocked. No one knew happy go lucky Sean would have that kind of life.

The moon was bright out as we talked. I just noticed that.

"I'd go to a drunk father who wants to sell me to the circus...fun." Hank said. "Mom can keep him at bay." he said, leaning against a stone.

"What about you Tara?" Darwin asked softly.

The question i had been waiting for. I knew it was coming but i looked away anyway.

" A solid black windowless room... an uncaring mother...an-and my father..." i said. Tears begnan falling from my eyes after i saw father. I curled up into a ball and buried my face into my teddy.

"Oh Tara..." Raven said. I felt her arms circle around me. Then i felt big arms wrap around me and i recognized them as Hank's.

"I don't want to go back...I can't go back..." I sobbed. "You're not going back." Alex said suddenly. We looked to him. He hadn't spoken in three hours.

"Thanks Alex...: i said softly. Everyone knew he had been in jail before Mr. Charles and Mr. Erik came for him.

"We're all a little messed up...aren't we?" i asked, leaning against Raven. She lightly laughed.

"I don't want to leave. I want to help." i said looking to Darwin. "Especially after what he did..." i said. Darwin smiled at me.

"We won't be leaving." Raven said determined.

By the time Mr. Charles and Mr. Erik got back it was morning. They immediately came out of the car and over to us. Raven rushed over and hugged Mr. Charles tight. Darwin had moved out of the wheelchair and was now sitting next to me, holding my hand.

"We've made arrangements for you to be taken home immediately." Mr. Charles said. Tears started falling again. He couldn't!

"We're not going home." Darwin said looking to them.

"What?" Mr. Charles asked, shocked.

"He's not going back to prison." Sean said.

"And she's not going back to that place she was suppose to call a home." Alex said. He hadn't talked since his last comment.

"They nearly killed Darwin." Hank said looking to our friend.

"All the more reason for you to leave. This is over." Mr. Charles insisted. I couldn't take it anymore.

"No! They have to be stopped." i cut in. Both adults looked to me.

"They can be." Mr. Erik said.

"Erik a word." Mr. Charles said sternly. They both walked away but i could still hear them even though the others couldn't.

"They're just kids." Mr. Charles said.

"No. They were kids. Shaw has his army and we need ours." Mr. Erik said. Mr. Charles looked at him for a moment before turning back and walking over to us, along with Mr. Erik who had a smirk on his face.

"We'll have to train. All of us. Yes." he said. We all nodded quickly. I looked to Mr. Erik and immediately the memories came back. I couldn't take it.

I ran over and hugged him tightly. He was shocked that's for sure. He almost said a bad word in his head before realizing my powers might pick up on it.

"Tara what's wrong?" Mr. Charles said walking over to us. I held Mr. Erik and teddy in my arms tightly. Mr. Erik put a hand on my shoulder.

"Charles..." Raven said. Both men turned to her.

"She saw..." she simply said.

"Saw what?" Mr. Erik asked.

"Everything..." i murmured. They looked down to me.

"From when he was born to now. From when his mother left him and his father to the plans he has. I saw Sebastian Shaw's entire life..." i softly said. Mr. Erik tensed up.

"Oh God Almighty..." Mr. Erik thought. "It'll be okay Tara. I'll help you with this. I'll help you control your telepathy." Mr. Charles said gently. He was trying to take my mind off of what i saw. I nodded and gave him a soft smile.

"We can't stay here." Hank said. We all turned to him.

"Even if they re-open the department, it's not safe. We have no where to go." Hank said sadly. I looked to Mr. Charles.

"Yes we do..." he said.